Vape Superstore
What's new

Ailments u thought u got through vaping !

Some guy I got talking to in the pub said he caught dysentery from not cleaning his tank out right.

Elux
There's always ONE isn't there! You ask a serious question and some no mark thinks it's funny to divert the flow of the conversation. :12::12::12:
This was EXACTLY what I was talking about in our discussion @eyeball kid :(

It wouldn't be POTV without a little bit of light banter though @Rob. It's what i like about the place.

Vape Green
There's always ONE isn't there! You ask a serious question and some no mark thinks it's funny to divert the flow of the conversation. :12::12::12:
This was EXACTLY what I was talking about in our discussion @eyeball kid :(

Sorry, if that was me. I wasn’t meaning to divert the conversation. It’s an interesting discussion.

Like I mentioned above I had the skin peeling on my fingers for about the first month, but wasn’t sure if that was starting vaping or giving up fags. It went away and didn’t spread further than the tips of my fingers.

But also early on I was getting a sort of sharp pain in the chest, only very occasionally, that stopped when I changed the style of vaping. Again it could have been to do with stopping fags as well, or the higher watt vaping I was doing at that time maybe didn’t agree with me.

Sorry, if that was me. I wasn’t meaning to divert the conversation. It’s an interesting discussion.

Like I mentioned above I had the skin peeling on my fingers for about the first month, but wasn’t sure if that was starting vaping or giving up fags. It went away and didn’t spread further than the tips of my fingers.

But also early on I was getting a sort of sharp pain in the chest, only very occasionally, that stopped when I changed the style of vaping. Again it could have been to do with stopping fags as well, or the higher watt vaping I was doing at that time maybe didn’t agree with me.
No this one needs to keep serious and I'd appreciate any input on it from anyone with dental issues who find they can't vape a juice due to teeth pain or anyone with blood sugar issues who have had inconsistent readings with certain juices.

I will defend vaping to death as a healthier substitute for smoking but to believe it comes with no risk is fanciful.

Thing's in the vape world are changing increasingly quickly and not all the juice manufacturers are as focused on making a good safe eliquid anymore. Without any labelling we have seen the original juices have their sweetening agent changed from non sugar based to sugar filled.
Most previous testing on sugar inhalation has been done with powdered sugar for sugar companies and they have held the results quite close to their chest but the recommendations on smaller particles is to wear masks around the finer production area's (in the western world). I did some consulting in a food factory in the early naughties (you may have seen this adverts for Wiltshire farm foods delivered frozen to your door). Well within the spice an sugar measuring room (which is air locked) you have to wear a full sealled helmet which gets its purified air pumped in via attached hoses.
All recent evidence is showing that the natural sugars within vg are making the jump between the lungs and blood stream but as adding corn syrup is a fairly new thing that seems to be spreading. There's virtually no information yet.
As we have all gotten by just fine for years without real sugar in eliquid if it has the smallest chance of helping big tobacco and pharma land another health warning blow to vaping we need to be on top of it. Eliquid has self regulated very well up to now but I fear this may be a wrong turn.
The long term effects of spraying your teeth with a sugar glaze is now obvious to us and we should at least be able to make that choice but sugars in any amounts finding their way into the bloodstream of diabetics could lead to wrong readings on regular fasting checks. This in turn will lead to the already risky medications of those vapers being adjusted inappropriately causing all kinds of issues.
It certainly needs further investigation.

Royal Flush Vape
The only sugar I am aware of is some Flavor West concentrates having fructose? I thought these were well documented, and avoided by most mixers...?
Fructose is a major contributor to diabetes and tooth decay. It's just natural sugar derived from fruit buddy. It has the same basic chemical make up. It just sounds healthier. Now you see the issue.

Fructose is a major contributor to diabetes and tooth decay. It's just natural sugar derived from fruit buddy. It has the same basic chemical make up. It just sounds healthier. Now you see the issue.
I know that. My point was I thought it only occured in a few concentrates, and that they weren't used.

AcmeFog
I will add before I get jumped on. Am I saying that vaping will give you diabetes or knock out your teeth. No of course not, but to those sensitive to sugar it could be a problem so clear labelling at least is definitely required.

I know that. My point was I thought it only occured in a few concentrates, and that they weren't used.
As for concentrates you will have to be the judge. You guy's are far more adept at keeping your eye on the ingredients that you vape. But when it comes to pre made juices that the majority of vapers are using it's all currently hidden under the magic of the secret blend. If your in a vape shop take a toot on some I can't believe it's doughnuts or cheap thrills glory glaze. Then buy yourself some clove oil for the tooth ache. Lol.

Vape Superstore
Again until independent studies are done and we know the full picture (and I could be wrong about the impact on the bloodstream, anomalies in the fasting tests of diabetics could mean nothing as you only have the patients word that they haven't scoffed a mince pie for breakfast) but until then a label stating contains sugars would be a helpful thing.

Back
Top Bottom