Vape Club
What's new

Does anyone know who this is ?

I've been pondering this same thought Jerry as I think that you have a very valid point....

We're all very quick to point the finger at these cowboys selling there clone juice and flame the fuck out of them pretty quickly........

Martyn (as many others ) have taken years to cultivate there brand and to nurture it into what it is today. They have sweated blood, sweat, time and money into creating something that is unique and known to us all...

I'm pretty sure that there are also guys that make atties and mods that have done the same.....and yet, it seems that it's ok to use a clone RTA or Mod? What is the difference?

Clone tanks = ok

Clone Juice = bad

So we go down the route of other UK vape forums and totally do away with clones of ANY sort and just make this a forum of genuine authentic mods and atties, in the meanwhile denying those who want to start vaping the chance to try something that might cost 10 times what it can be bought for now?

It is a genuine problem the vape community needs to address and a problem that needs to be dealt with with some clarity and even handedness....

Some might say that's it's hypocritical to comment on a thread slating a clone juice maker when they themselves use clone tanks or atties.....

Now, I need to make myself clear here, the guy or companies that do this are cunts, that much is clear, and I make no apology for saying that, or using strong language used either....but I have done in the past, and continue to use cloned atties/tanks/drippers as I will do in the future.....

And as much as I feel that the people who have been wronged deserve some redress over this, I feel ever so slightly hypocritical as I sit here using my clone Sith RDA to comment any further on this....

I know that these comments won't sit well with some of you, however Jerry made a good point when he mentioned it in his original post.....
This ^^^.
It is a difficult position, and one I hadn't considered. Kind of like when it all kicks off and you automatically side with your mate without asking what or why, just who.
I'm still going to Brixton tomorrow on business and still happy to do a letter drop though :bliss:

But in all seriousness, I find myself in the same boat as the Pratchett Assassin's Assassin. I'm sitting here vaping genuine juice through a Narda clone, where's the line?

Elux
I've been pondering this same thought Jerry as I think that you have a very valid point....

We're all very quick to point the finger at these cowboys selling there clone juice and flame the fuck out of them pretty quickly........

Martyn (as many others ) have taken years to cultivate there brand and to nurture it into what it is today. They have sweated blood, sweat, time and money into creating something that is unique and known to us all...

I'm pretty sure that there are also guys that make atties and mods that have done the same.....and yet, it seems that it's ok to use a clone RTA or Mod? What is the difference?

Clone tanks = ok

Clone Juice = bad

So we go down the route of other UK vape forums and totally do away with clones of ANY sort and just make this a forum of genuine authentic mods and atties, in the meanwhile denying those who want to start vaping the chance to try something that might cost 10 times what it can be bought for now?

It is a genuine problem the vape community needs to address and a problem that needs to be dealt with with some clarity and even handedness....

Some might say that's it's hypocritical to comment on a thread slating a clone juice maker when they themselves use clone tanks or atties.....

Now, I need to make myself clear here, the guy or companies that do this are cunts, that much is clear, and I make no apology for saying that, or using strong language used either....but I have done in the past, and continue to use cloned atties/tanks/drippers as I will do in the future.....

And as much as I feel that the people who have been wronged deserve some redress over this, I feel ever so slightly hypocritical as I sit here using my clone Sith RDA to comment any further on this....

I know that these comments won't sit well with some of you, however Jerry made a good point when he mentioned it in his original post.....

Bin the clones....you know you want to.... your nearly there....you can't be a vegetarian and eat meat at the weekends:)

Vape Green
I'm almost clone free ... but it's still tricky as my favourite tanks (the corolla's) are made by one of the biggest cloning companies, so I've been giving them my money anyway.

Royal Flush Vape
I think we can all attempt to justify using clones for example I bought a goon clone before buying the authentic. Bought a Kennedy clone and won't buy an original as I didn't like it. I also know someone who bought an Icon clone and with shipping it was about £6 between that and an original. This last one reminds me of juice clones, what's the point as the margin is too small for me to clone something that I don't know what's in it, don't know it's been quality controlled or compliant. With a RDA I can put a build on it and fire it up to check it and can physically check the quality.

So my attempt to justify clone tanks is that I can see and test what I have bought, I buy an original if I like it and normally the price difference is massive. I can see a cloned juice but that's no assessment of quality and can only test by vaping. The price difference isn't great either so they are marketing to those that struggle to pay full price - bastards. Just like the bastards who charge top dollar for hardware when we know you can make money on an eighth of the price.

That's my attempt at justification and it's still not right is it? I gave up smoking, I can give up clones!!!!

I'm almost clone free ... but it's still tricky as my favourite tanks (the corolla's) are made by one of the biggest cloning companies, so I've been giving them my money anyway.
Sxk are trying. They have quite a few genuine products now.
It a complex issue that's been going on with products for years. Do I condemn people who eat Sainsbury' s or aldi' s own weetabix rather than the original. Dozens of bands will be making a living tonight playing the music writen by other performers without paying so much as a penny in royalties.
As vapers who are in the know all you can hope is if your a fan of a particular rda, rta or juice you do your best to support the originator of that product.
That should always be our mantra but I can't condemn anyone who can't do that due to financial circumstances or the more common fact that only 100 genuine exist in the world and to be in with the chance of sniffing one you have to sign your soul over to the Facebook people and play the vape roulette.

AcmeFog
Sxk are trying. They have quite a few genuine products now.
It a complex issue that's been going on with products for years. Do I condemn people who eat Sainsbury' s or aldi' s own weetabix rather than the original. Dozens of bands will be making a living tonight playing the music writen by other performers without paying so much as a penny in royalties.
As vapers who are in the know all you can hope is if your a fan of a particular rda, rta or juice you do your best to support the originator of that product.
That should always be our mantra but I can't condemn anyone who can't do that due to financial circumstances or the more common fact that only 100 genuine exist in the world and to be in with the chance of sniffing one you have to sign your soul over to the Facebook people and play the vape roulette.

You make some very goods point there and I think you are right ..... as I always say ... as long as they aren't trying to pass it off as weetabix, and using weetabix branding then I'm pretty ok with copying products.

I think we can all attempt to justify using clones for example I bought a goon clone before buying the authentic. Bought a Kennedy clone and won't buy an original as I didn't like it. I also know someone who bought an Icon clone and with shipping it was about £6 between that and an original. This last one reminds me of juice clones, what's the point as the margin is too small for me to clone something that I don't know what's in it, don't know it's been quality controlled or compliant. With a RDA I can put a build on it and fire it up to check it and can physically check the quality.

So my attempt to justify clone tanks is that I can see and test what I have bought, I buy an original if I like it and normally the price difference is massive. I can see a cloned juice but that's no assessment of quality and can only test by vaping. The price difference isn't great either so they are marketing to those that struggle to pay full price - bastards. Just like the bastards who charge top dollar for hardware when we know you can make money on an eighth of the price.

That's my attempt at justification and it's still not right is it? I gave up smoking, I can give up clones!!!!
Sounds good but I bought a devil clone rda the other week. Had no idea it was based on a genuine. Had never seen a review or preview of it. The first I saw of it was on a Chinese site and I thought that looks interesting. Wasn't even clear on the original Chinese site blurb if it was a Chinese design or a copy. Infact I'm on here pretty regularly and I usually find out about a new release by finding a copy of it first. The strike rda was the same. First I saw of it was a clone. Couldn't find sight nor sound of the original design. Only found it was made by an Italian company about a month after I'd seen the clone and by then it was sold out.
Tis a pickle.

Vape Superstore
The clone issue when it comes to hardware is about hype. At the moment it is all about the goon, or so it seems to me as someone who doesn't do drippers.

Because of the hype people want something of that name, but a bit of research can find a genuine budget atty that has the same characteristics but isn't straight copying anyone else's design. It was the same with the velocity and Kennedy.

The budget thing is harder to justify when there are so many quality budget products available but they don't have that name attached, so they get overlooked. Any of us that have been around a few years will know that the price of original gear has generally dropped from what it was. An original dripper used to be in the £100 range but most of the newer stuff is in the £60 ish range these days.

It is good to see the companies like sxk starting to being out original product. H cigar used to be the quality clone maker and note they ate quite respected as makers of original kit.

The big difference between juice and hardware is margins and hence why we are naturally harder on clone juice than attys.

Back
Top Bottom