Innokin
What's new

Welcome "By Leo" and Billie.

Hi @Billie-cig

I'm wondering if you can help me regarding my building on the Calix v2. I'm going through the O rings on the bottom of the build deck / post on a regular basis. My tank then leaks into the 5 10.
I take the build deck out to re wire and do that quite regularly as I use manabush liquid which kills my coils very quickly. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Gaz

E-liquids.com
Hi @Billie-cig

I'm wondering if you can help me regarding my building on the Calix v2. I'm going through the O rings on the bottom of the build deck / post on a regular basis. My tank then leaks into the 5 10.
I take the build deck out to re wire and do that quite regularly as I use manabush liquid which kills my coils very quickly. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Gaz
If you are using the indirect feeding method, try tightening the SS cup on the base less. If you are using the direct feeding method, try putting it on and tightening it half a turn less. If it still happens, let me know and I will send you a new base and get the old back to see what's wrong. :)

I'm tightening it up quite a bit so thanks for your reply. I'm getting small leaking from the post though and that's why I'm tightening it up. Maybe I shouldn't be doing that and that's the issue?
20170521_174857.jpg

Cheers

Gaz

AcmeFog
I'm tightening it up quite a bit so thanks for your reply. I'm getting small leaking from the post though and that's why I'm tightening it up. Maybe I shouldn't be doing that and that's the issue?
View attachment 128619

Cheers

Gaz
The leaking is not caused by the o-ring. It probably has to do with the setup. It oversaturates and drops of liquid end on the pin. The Calix "likes" 2-2.5mm core coils the most. Make sure that it is not too low in the SS cup ( 1/3 of the top of the coil should be over the top of the SS cup).
Also, one turn on the liquid control is enough for most setups.
And lastly, if you use rayon type cotton wick (cotton bacon etc.) make sure it is tightly fitted in the coil and the tails are fluffy enough to bring more liquid to the center of the wick :)

The leaking is not caused by the o-ring. It probably has to do with the setup. It oversaturates and drops of liquid end on the pin. The Calix "likes" 2-2.5mm core coils the most. Make sure that it is not too low in the SS cup ( 1/3 of the top of the coil should be over the top of the SS cup).
Also, one turn on the liquid control is enough for most setups.
And lastly, if you use rayon type cotton wick (cotton bacon etc.) make sure it is tightly fitted in the coil and the tails are fluffy enough to bring more liquid to the center of the wick :)
Thanks for your suggestions. The tank normally lives in Scotland so might of been a bit of a shock to it when used in over 40 degrees heat here in Morocco for a week [emoji1] [emoji1] [emoji1]

Cheers

Gaz

Smoore
Thanks for your suggestions. The tank normally lives in Scotland so might of been a bit of a shock to it when used in over 40 degrees heat here in Morocco for a week [emoji1] [emoji1] [emoji1]

Cheers

Gaz
No problem at all! In higher temperatures the liquid control needs less opening as well, because it changes the liquid's viscosity :)

Last edited:
Must admit, The Calix in its various incarnations has always behaved best when we have pressure changes here in the UK. Nothing like as extreme as those that @gazlynn is experiencing of course, this is the UK after all :2thumbsup: but when we have higher temperatures and the humidity rises, at least they don't behave the way that certain other do. Carol was going through her Kayfun phase when we had the hotter spell last year and they were an absolute nightmare. But my Calixes only required a slight closure of the juice control and they were perfect. Yet another reason why I am the fan that I am.:worship:

Vape Green
Back
Top Bottom