Vape Club
What's new

Health: High VG MTL vs DTL?

Chris Brookes

Postman
Hello,

Before I ask; can I firstly say that I am confident that vaping is ALOT safer than cigs and having vaped exclusively for over 2 years I have experienced almost no side effects whatsoever. The side effects I have experienced have been because of crap atomisers spitting at me, causing me to swallow fluid (cue mild sickness) or using a too high nicotine fluid (3.6 to be exact - yea, bad idea). I have been a MTL vaper until recently, and I am enjoying DTL with high VG fluid in my Cleito.

I was wondering if there were any good studies which compared high vg to 50/50 and/or compared DTL with MTL, particularly in terms of quantity of production.

I also ask because of the temperature of DTL compared to MTL coils.

Thank-you in advance.

Smoore
Vape Green
I think we can confidently say, in lieu of the final scientific study results, that a typical DTL set up sees more vapour entering the lungs than with MTL. :22:

No studies on this at all. The biggest ones for me so far are the much lower likelihood of developing cancer through vaping. Studies of cells exposed to vapour have shown no DNA mutations. It is the DNA mutations that cause cancer - and if you were a smoker like the vast majority of us on here - then we are still at risk of the DNA mutations we caused as smokers turning into cancer at some point in our lives. What we do by vaping is stop more of these occurring and therefore reduce the chances of developing a cancer smoking related tumour later on.

The only thing that I have heard in terms of chucking clouds is how our bodies deal with the contents of the vapour. The lungs are amazing organs and will clear out all sorts of crap. The contents of vapour are all easily taken in by the lungs and then passed in to the body. The liver then cleans it all out. Quite how the liver will deal with the flavourings etc is unknown but one scientist at one of the expos last year told me that this was a cause for concern in some circles. No evidence of anything though and no reports of ill health with vapers due to vaping style.

Bear in mind that it's only been two and a half years since the Kanger Subtank came on the market and the world of sub-ohming became easily accessible. It could be that vaping styles will change significantly again. I am looking forward to giving the pod thingies a try and nic salts. Back to a smaller amount of vapour and a bigger nic hit!

*Edit for smoking, not cancer...

Last edited:
Innokin
No studies on this at all. The biggest ones for me so far are the much lower likelihood of developing cancer through vaping. Studies of cells exposed to vapour have shown no DNA mutations. It is the DNA mutations that cause cancer - and if you were a smoker like the vast majority of us on here - then we are still at risk of the DNA mutations we caused as smokers turning into cancer at some point in our lives. What we do by vaping is stop more of these occurring and therefore reduce the chances of developing a cancer related tumour later on.

The only thing that I have heard in terms of chucking clouds is how our bodies deal with the contents of the vapour. The lungs are amazing organs and will clear out all sorts of crap. The contents of vapour are all easily taken in by the lungs and then passed in to the body. The liver then cleans it all out. Quite how the liver will deal with the flavourings etc is unknown but one scientist at one of the expos last year told me that this was a cause for concern in some circles. No evidence of anything though and no reports of ill health with vapers due to vaping style.

Bear in mind that it's only been two and a half years since the Kanger Subtank came on the market and the world of sub-ohming became easily accessible. It could be that vaping styles will change significantly again. I am looking forward to giving the pod thingies a try and nic salts. Back to a smaller amount of vapour and a bigger nic hit!
Thank-you for your comprehensive reply, and you raise a good point regarding the length of time subohm has been around.

Back
Top Bottom