Innokin
What's new

Anyone with an Aromamizer ?

9th of September at 10am and Closes at 10pm on the 30th.:)

Just wanted your approval before committing, I'd hate for there to have been any awkwardness.;)

The Electronic Cigarette Company
@scrumpox
No offence taken and I do kind of understand what you mean. I've only tried sub ohm once in my early days and didn't like it so I suppose I'm just reluctant to try it again.
I've either got to forget this tank and stick with my kayfun and serpent mini or get a grip and get on with it. [emoji16]

9th of September at 10am and Closes at 10pm on the 30th.:)

Just wanted your approval before committing, I'd hate for there to have been any awkwardness.;)
Cheers ... Paypal funds at the ready.

What on earth do you mean, awkwardness? :)

Vape Green
No offence Mick but your building skills need a bit of work ... the RDTA v1 and v2 are flavour machines but your reluctance to put any power through it, sticking to the way you prefer to vape, isn't going to make that atty shine. Horses for courses. You would do a lot better with the single coil plug, reducing the airflow and chamber size down to suit your prefered style. Otherwise, the RDTA is just not the tank for you.
You're getting a lot of condensation because it will wick for days and you're not putting enough heat into the coils or airflow over them, so it's just boiling off some of the juice on sodden wicks. I'll bet if you fire it outside the tank it'll spit drops of juice all over the place instead of making loads of vapour.
I'd like to put a flavour build on your deck for you but honestly, you're going to need to put 40-60W through it and max out the airflow. Not your style really.
If you want reduced airflow then you have to reduce the coil size to match. Passing a trickle of air over 3.0mm ID coils just won't work. I also think you need to break through this glass ceiling objection that you have about build resistances below 1ohm. Dropping down to 0.5-0.8 ohm is hardly entering the gates of hell.

All true, I'm afraid. I think Mick's only chance of getting a satisfactory vape from it is to try the dual 2.5mm horizontal coils at around 0.8 Ohms. The cotton in such a set up restricts the air flow noticeably more than vertical builds, and with 2 air holes open and facing the coils, it might be workable. 18 watts is never going to get it done though.
Alternatively, a dual horizontal TC build could be a solution, allowing for increased tailoring of the vape.

Aren't we talking about the Anniversary edition V2 rdta @Rob, rather than the Supreme? Our comp win from Steam Crave? Probably still won't suit you though. :D

Vape Club
@scrumpox :) I meant between you and Steam Crave. I didn't want to appear in any way ungrateful, which "could" have reflected badly on not only POTV, but also you.:worship:

@scrumpox :) I meant between you and Steam Crave. I didn't want to appear in any way ungrateful, which "could" have reflected badly on not only POTV, but also you.:worship:
No worries at all in that regard, Rob. Don't give it another thought.

AcmeFog
@scrumpox @Mr Numpty
Righto then chaps , you've persuaded me.
I've got 26 & 28 gauge kanthal. Can you come up with a build for me to try with that and give me an idea of what wattage to use.
[emoji16]
I'll have a go at the weekend.
Or do I need to get different wire ?

@scrumpox @Mr Numpty
I've got 26 & 28 gauge kanthal. Can you come up with a build for me to try with that and give me an idea of what wattage to use.
[emoji16]
I'll have a go at the weekend.

Big dual clapton build and the likes I've found best.

Pm me your address Mick and I'll send some clapton wire for you to try in it

cheers

Gaz

Premier Ecigs
@scrumpox @Mr Numpty
Had a look on steam engine and it looks to me that you might be best to compromise a little with the resistance. A dual horizontal, 2.5mm ID, 28 gauge kanthal, 9 wrap set up would be a good fit on the deck and would ohm out at around 0.8.
Already did. :D You can wick it such that there is a nice tunnel for the air to pass through, but sufficient to restrict it a little also.

Back
Top Bottom