Vape Superstore
What's new

Proper noob question - what is a genesis tank?!

Crewella

Olympian
OK, I may well win the prize here for the dumbest noob question in this section - sorry! :8:

However, having taken the good Rob's advice on board to get a 'Proper Genesis RTA' to try mesh builds on ........ I realise that I'm actually not too sure exactly what a Genesis tank is!! Or to be more precise - what must a tank have or be in order to qualify as a 'Genesis' tank?

I realise I can just search the word 'Genesis', but sites like Fasttech don't always seem to use the word and rely upon you knowing what you're looking for (always a help). The most common answer I get is that it's a tank for mesh, but there seems to be more to it than that, and I also see mention of the deck being above the tank, but I'm not too sure of that either. Please can someone clarify for me?

Thanks for your time

Elux
I'm no expert, but I would say you are spot on. A genesis tank to me is one where the tank is below the build deck and the juice is fed to the coil by capillary action via mesh/ss rope/cotton, as opposed to gravity/vacuum feed as in most other tanks.

It's the name that confuses me. Was there an original Genesis tank that introduced this system , that was then copied for the Kraken, Aga etc? Don't know, but enjoying my gennies.

Vape Green
Genesis.jpg

@Crewella, You cannot go far wrong with something like the Dear Old Kraken as a first Port of Call. This is a Genesis Atty from the early days. OR, if you want something pretty straight forward, have a look at a NextGen Clone. The Nextiny is just its smaller sibling. These two are perhaps more simple in as much as the whole Build Process is "slightly" more straight forward, but like any Genny, practice is required to get them perfect.
Provided you follow Qorax's tutorial for preparing your Mesh Wick, you are halfway there.
I'll drop you a PM.:2thumbsup:

Royal Flush Vape
AcmeFog
I would recommend the 4ml origen v2 mkii (tobeco clone if you are short on funds) as a perfect "classic" genesis.

The reason is that the origen is extremely adaptable. It can be run with mesh or cotton, single or dual coil, with a bunch of great airflow options. It has a fairly reduced chamber which gives great flavour.

In terms of a decent definition of a genesis, I would describe as follows: A genesis is an rta which lets you use a mesh wick that sits vertically in the juice reservoir.

I can't think of a genesis tank which is not covered by that (though there probably is one). The general objective of a genesis design is to provide 4 things:
1) reduced chamber to increase flavour and density of vapour.
2) minimise distance from the coil to the inside of your mouth (increasing flavour).
3) provide the ability to change the airflow flowing onto the coil. In essence, the airflow control of a genesis is much more like that of a dripper. This gives you the ability to create a tight jet of air onto the coil.
4) provide great wicking by supporting a mesh build.

When a genesis design gets it right, the experience becomes incredible.

The Electronic Cigarette Company
I'm no expert, but I would say you are spot on. A genesis tank to me is one where the tank is below the build deck and the juice is fed to the coil by capillary action via mesh/ss rope/cotton, as opposed to gravity/vacuum feed as in most other tanks.

It's the name that confuses me. Was there an original Genesis tank that introduced this system , that was then copied for the Kraken, Aga etc? Don't know, but enjoying my gennies.
Yes, there was an original Genisis (that is not a typo) design. They predate cotton rtas, so the term "genesis" is also apt--they were the first rta designs.

Have a read of this:
http://thevapesnob.com/lifestyle/origin-genesis-style-tanks-use-mesh/

Back
Top Bottom