What's new

Random emails for other people

I have received emails with shipping info for people who are not me . You might want to address this .
if you awake please let us know i guess what is the problem. Did you receive the named Brilliant info?

The address you sent me has brilliant before my name and you have sent me emails not for meant for me . I have forwarded one to another member on here as it was meant for him not me

hi dear member, it would not possible i made every order by myself i promise i never share personal info with others.

@gearbest.com

= So why is it that @Ste7 received an email that was intended for me which included all my confidential personal information?

I have a copy of this with full headers - as I posted in the thread above.

This occurred not just in my case, but also with four other people.

It's seems you are attempting to gloss over this in the way you respond above.

The very least I would expect from a responsible company would be a full official apology.

This is a serious matter in terms of data confidentiality, as highlighted by the forum admin @Miss Pepper
- who you have also entirely ignored in your response.

This is quite unacceptable.

Well if said company wants to continue trading in the EU they’d have to I think. A bit like Microsoft and the EU antitrust suits in the 90’s.

Isn’t it a bit different though? Gearbest are in China and don’t have resellers or operate out of Europe in any way. We order things from them online and they send them in the post. I get that they have an EU warehouse but that’s beside the point i think, they could easily just lose it and ship everything from China or other territories.

Whereas Microsoft products are directly sold in every computer store all over the world. I think it would be much harder for the EU to have any impact on gearbest.

It would be interesting to see how this would play out, should something like this ever happen.

Isn’t it a bit different though? Gearbest are in China and don’t have resellers or operate out of Europe in any way. We order things from them online and they send them in the post. I get that they have an EU warehouse but that’s beside the point i think, they could easily just lose it and ship everything from China or other territories.

Whereas Microsoft products are directly sold in every computer store all over the world. I think it would be much harder for the EU to have any impact on gearbest.

It would be interesting to see how this would play out, should something like this ever happen.

Nope. Gdpr is quite clear. If you store or process data for an eu citizen, including email address, name, addresses. Then you are under the scope of the regs no matter where in the world you are located.

if you awake please let us know i guess what is the problem. Did you receive the named Brilliant info?

= @gearbest.com

If you are having difficulty understanding what the problem was here - which seems improbable given the information
in this thread already - I can well forward you the email I received with full headers.

I'll just re-iterate this:

@gearbest.com

= So why is it that @Ste7 received an email that was intended for me which included all my confidential personal information?

I have a copy of this with full headers - as I posted in the thread above.

This occurred not just in my case, but also with four other people.

It's seems you are attempting to gloss over this in the way you respond above.

The very least I would expect from a responsible company would be a full official apology.

This is a serious matter in terms of data confidentiality, as highlighted by the forum admin @Miss Pepper
- who you have also entirely ignored in your response.

This is quite unacceptable.

Nope. Gdpr is quite clear. If you store or process data for an eu citizen, including email address, name, addresses. Then you are under the scope of the regs no matter where in the world you are located.

Aye, I understand that they would fall under the scope of the legislation, what I think might not be clear is how any sort of measure would be enforced against gearbest, as opposed to your example of microsoft where it’s quite clear how it would work. Gearbest don’t have any presence in Europe and sell stuff online from China.

Back
Top Bottom