What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Updates to the e-liquid recipe/mixing calculator section

It was broken
You mean it didn't suit you personally. I would like to know exactly how many users of the section were consulted before making the change, because so far it looks like it's just you.

It is now broken. The site defaults were applied to all my recipes. I didn't change anything. In order to get what *I* want as opposed to what *you* want, I have to edit them. Then when I save them, next time I view them they've got the site defaults again. I do not want all my recipes to have the same proportions because A) I use several different VG/PG ratios and nic strengths myself and B) I make juice for friends to their preferences. I can now no longer do this conveniently using the calculator on this site.

Fortunately it's not the only one, but I still want to know why everyone on this site should have to use defaults just because you want to.

You mean it didn't suit you personally. I would like to know exactly how many users of the section were consulted before making the change, because so far it looks like it's just you.

It is now broken. The site defaults were applied to all my recipes. I didn't change anything. In order to get what *I* want as opposed to what *you* want, I have to edit them. Then when I save them, next time I view them they've got the site defaults again. I do not want all my recipes to have the same proportions because A) I use several different VG/PG ratios and nic strengths myself and B) I make juice for friends to their preferences. I can now no longer do this conveniently using the calculator on this site.

Fortunately it's not the only one, but I still want to know why everyone on this site should have to use defaults just because you want to.
You seem to be a bit grumpy today. Are you all right? There are a lot of people here who mix by weight and being able to input your own values is, well, invaluable. As I said, if you mix by volume, that facility is still available to you. So you see, everyone can be happy. If they're not grumpy.

You seem to be a bit grumpy today. Are you all right? There are a lot of people here who mix by weight and being able to input your own values is, well, invaluable. As I said, if you mix by volume, that facility is still available to you. So you see, everyone can be happy. If they're not grumpy.
I can't view my own recipes the way I wrote them because everything has changed to default settings. I cannot save my recipes the way I want them because they instantly change to default settings.

And all because you couldn't be bothered to manually input a couple of numbers for your two recipes.

I can't view my own recipes the way I wrote them because everything has changed to default settings. I cannot save my recipes the way I want them because they instantly change to default settings.

And all because you couldn't be bothered to manually input a couple of numbers for your two recipes.
You are quite mistaken. I didn't have the facility to manually input my weight measurements. That is what this revision has addressed.
As requested above, please inform @OccultScientist if you have found any teething troubles with the new system. I'm sure he'll help you out if he can.

You are quite mistaken. I didn't have the facility to manually input my weight measurements. That is what this revision has addressed.
And because you wanted weights, everyone has to have defaults?
I'm going to say this one last time before I put you on ignore. I CAN'T VIEW MY RECIPES THE WAY I WROTE THEM BECAUSE EVERYTHING CHANGES TO DEFAULTS.

And because you wanted weights, everyone has to have defaults?
I'm going to say this one last time before I put you on ignore. I CAN'T VIEW MY RECIPES THE WAY I WROTE THEM BECAUSE EVERYTHING CHANGES TO DEFAULTS.
Don't tell me. I can't help you. Grumpy.

[emoji102][emoji102][emoji102][emoji102][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

It's all good @icepie - @OccultScientist will be along at some point and he'll fix it up. Like The Nump said, if you are mixing by volume the new changes shouldn't make a difference. The law of unintended consequences means that sometimes when new stuff is added it can push things out that weren't intended to be pushed.

I know you use the recipes section a lot so we will fix this as soon as we can for you. Can you let us know exactly what is wrong?

All we did was add the ability for the default weight of ingredients to be edited, the default weights are the amounts that were already hard-coded into the system so it *shouldn't* have made any difference to existing recipes.

Back
Top Bottom