What's new

Updates to the e-liquid recipe/mixing calculator section

OccultScientist

Administrator
Staff member
At the request of @Mr Numpty and a few others, new exciting changes have now been made to the mixing calculator!
You will now see an additional option at the top of the page for "Settings".

In this section you can set the default figures that you wish to use when creating a recipe or viewing somebody else's recipe. This includes your basic amounts, nic strength and preferred PG/VG mix but also allows you to set your own weights for PG/VG/Nic/Concentrates/etc if you really want to mess around with the weight based mixing in detail.

For reference you can view the weights currently being used underneath the recipe table.

You can change the figures any time you like and just in case you completely lose the plot and set up some odd weights, you have the option to reset those figures to the site default.

I hope this update helps with your mixing adventures and as ever, if there's any problems you can find feel free to PM me and I'll endeavour to get them sorted ASAP. Hopefully we'll see a load of new recipes going on there!!

Cheers,

OS

I have variations of my recipes for MTL, DTL and super-sub-ohm. They have ALL changed to default settings. How do I undo?

In this section you can set the default figures that you wish to use when creating a recipe or viewing somebody else's recipe.
Turns out my variations have been preserved but in order to view them I have to click on the edit button, otherwise I see the default settings. I want to view my own recipes as I wrote them. How do I turn off the defaults?

And how do I turn off the pop-up about this thread that keeps coming back every five minutes?

Please explain "Default concentrate weights". Firstly I don't use weights and can't imagine that anyone making less than a kilo at a time would... how do you weigh a milligram in your kitchen FFS? Secondly, is it a reference to the total or to each ingredient? Either way it's pointless because A) there are no single-ingredient recipes on there and B) multi-ingredient recipes almost never use all ingredients in equal proportions. I really can't see how a default concentrate weight can be of any use whatsoever. Frankly, it's meaningless.

Verdict: It wasn't broke but you fixed it anyway. 0/10
It was broken and they did fix it. They are simply refinements for those that mix by weight. If you mix by volume you don't need to pay any attention to the update.

Back
Top Bottom