What's new

Reviews section - update

junglist

Administrator
Staff member
Evening all. Apologies for being a bit vacant so far this year, even worse than usual the last month or so but trying to get back on track again. An elephant never forgets though, and neither does a junglist. Shit happens - just not quickly!

We had a few requests to switch up the reviews section on the forum, put video reviews into a sub forum of each review section to try and reduce the amount of spam we get from newbies just wanting to promote their new vape channels. That's going to be a quick one to do but the current review sections aren't great so help me get some more relevant sections please apes! We currently have:

Cig a like
Ego Style
Mechanical Mod
VV/VW
Rebuildable Atomisers and Genesis Tanks
Clearo's and Carto's

Had a chat with @Rob about this last week and we came up with:

Pod Systems
Mech Mods
Regulated Mods
Rebuildable Tanks and RDAs
Stock Coil Tanks
Squonk

Hard as an RTA with a squonk pin could go in Rebuildable Tanks and RDAs and could go in Squonk as well but I guess that's the joys of the multi-dimensional vape ecosystem we inhabit...

If you have any other suggestions for categories or think they should be changed then post up your ideas, once we have the main categories sorted I will move things around, put up some notices about what could and should be posted and also make a sub forum for each for putting up vids.

I might be tempted to call it "pod systems and compact AIOs" ... to include other pocket devices that aren't 'pods'

.... also what about kits? if a mod comes with a tank and the product being reviewed comes as a kit, it makes more sense to review them together.... especially if the mod and tank are pretty specific to each other?

I might be tempted to call it "pod systems and compact AIOs" ... to include other pocket devices that aren't 'pods'

.... also what about kits? if a mod comes with a tank and the product being reviewed comes as a kit, it makes more sense to review them together.... especially if the mod and tank are pretty specific to each other?

I agree about pods and compact AIO's being together.

And it should be split in two for real reviews and reviews heaping nothing but praise on free stuff.

E9D992EA-9E76-4310-8CD2-3D12A71A48AA.jpeg

If it is requested that the title of any review accurately reflects the content, do we even need separate sections?

@junglist
Somewhat related could we get descriptions and imagery added to the RSS feeds. Would make a huge difference to those who RSS.

What about a tool review / accessory /mod making i.e. coil jig, 510 BF, atomiser stand. 3D printers etc and so forth probably could fit under same category.

What about simply calling it 'Rebuildable'?
That way you can include everything.

There’s probably not a lot of demand for it, but battery reviews? By not a lot of demand, I don’t mean that there’s no call for it, just that anything posted of value would likely be a précis of someone else’s work (Mooch, for example)

Also, “Beginner set-ups” to replace egos? Of course there are those that want a 200w cloud machine for their first kit, but in my experience, lots of new starters just want a kit that they can load with juice and magically become an ex smoker.
I realise these kits would fit into some of the existing proposed sections, but if they were all grouped together then your average noob who wouldn’t know a genesis from a pod and thinks an RTA is a car crash would know exactly where to look.

Back
Top Bottom