What's new

Classifieds

junglist

Administrator
Staff member
Hi All,

The mod team have spent some time discussing the classifieds and think we now have it sorted. You are the main users of the site though, so if you think we could improve on this, or have got anything wrong then just post - we are always happy to discuss or to change if there is a good reason.

The external classifieds were a good idea but were out of mind being away from the forum and it was being abused in terms of spammy posts etc. It was also taking away from the main site-based classifieds.

We tried to introduce an off the shelf classifieds section (Beta classies) but it was bug-ridden and, with some of the core functionality not working correctly, we have had to shelve that for the time being while we work with the developers to get it working as it was described. I really want to thank wuz_uk Clonfuddled samwich Miss Pepper driver2883 the jester Macmagoo Mawsley inkyy Billybob99 and vaporsizer for the time they spend testing it and bug reporting etc. - the main problems were that it wouldn't work on mobile, or the app, notifications were wonky and a few other oddities that just couldn't be sorted out. Apologies to anyone who helped out who I haven't thanked but only have database access to the old posts now and is time consuming to look through them.

So this is the plan as it stands now:

We will keep the verified member status for listing items for sale. It gives the buyer the knowledge that the seller is a trusted member of the site as they need to have at least 25 posts on the forum and be PayPal verified to list an item for sale.

Anyone can now browse the listings, even when not logged in. If you want to buy though you need to have at least two posts on the forum and had your account upgraded to "Registered User" before you can reply to the for sale threads.

We will add a couple of new prefixes to the for sale listings, [For Sale - Clone] and [For Sale - Original] to help quick identification of kit.

If you list items for sale please make sure that when the item has sold you edit your original thread so that the mod team know they can move that item to the completed items forum. There may be a permissions problem with this at present which we are looking into.

We hope that by opening up the buying to all that items will sell quicker for those of you that have taken the time to list their items on the site.

The external classifieds will be taken down next week, so if you have items listed there they still have a bit of time to sell - if they are still available at the time of sale then you can list them on the forum.

If you want to sell items and aren't yet verified then you can get verified here - just make sure you have over 25 posts on the forum before applying.

We will keep the group buys to verified members for now unless you all think we should open this up to registered users too?

Still tweaking permissions and need to add the clone / original prefixes but will get all that done over the weekend. All feedback welcomed so shout if anything is wrong/broken or you have any suggestions.

I prefer the forum based classies & i think the verified member idea is a good thing. The prefixes about clone/genuine, well i guess if people can't just get their head round it then you have to. I think in the end we just need good etiquette & most of my classified experiences have been ok on the potv.

Anyone know if the rules for accessing the classifieds has changed?
I had access as i have posted 25+ times, but did i read correctly that this is now 100+ posts?

I had access as i have posted 25+ times, but did i read correctly that this is now 100+ posts?

Yes you did, it's now a minimum 100 posts to access

Yes, was changed to 100 posts a few weeks back.

Damn it ! Thanks guys.
I was hoping that since i had access already it wouldnt have been revoked by the new policy.

it was to protect members from the one hit wonders that join and then try to scam members.

join in convo's and you will soon get to 100+

Back
Top Bottom