What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

ATTENTION: Reviewers, Vendors, Members, Pretenders

Merino-Teflon

Exploding Mod
Denizens of POTV, we have an issue that has required addressing for a wee while, because some folks actually make serious attempts at this, rarely, but so it goes...

Just as we ask vendors not to promote their wares outside of their forums, or through PMs, we also ask our members to nay harass our vendors for cheap or free gear via the forums or PMs, and there are consequences for doing so.

Many of our vendors bring a lot of quality gear, offers, competitions, discounts, and time, to the mix as it is.
Of course, promotion is part of that, but there you go, hello world.

Now, being a reviewer does not exempt you from this, amd promises of glowing reviews will not impress most vendors, in fact, go have a look at the succesful reviewers,
the ones who have lasted the distance, like @todd, @igetcha, our very own team member @Roadhoguk, @VapinGreek, and pbusardo (whom may not be here, but resides in spirit over the whole vaping community like an orange god of olden times...or a creepy Uncle ;) ), etc, etc.

What do they all have in common? Why do people respect their views, whether they agree with them or not? Why do some vendors eventually end up approaching these folks to review their wares, and yes, occasionally do so out of their own funds?
Because they are honest, my friends, also, because they are professional, they entertain, and they inform, and so, they have an audience.
An audience they have built up over time, utilizing the above qualities, with oodles of passion, time, and their own dosh thrown in.

So, in everyone's interest, I will tag some vendors at random to this thread so that they are aware of its existence, if anyone wants to tag any other vendors, feel free to do so, but check if they have been tagged first, and there really ain't a need to say that you have tagged somebody in a post.

Then, if you are a reviewer, use this link for a concise treatise of what it is to be a reviewer with a Reviewer tag on POTV, and also to apply for Reviewer status if you think you hit the brief: https://planetofthevapes.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/4000011571-requesting-a-reviewer

Then if you like, you can use this thread to give a summary of what you are all about, why you review, what you are trying to get across, maybe even a video, just the one, don't spam, as an example.
You don't have to do that though, but it could bring you to the attention of a vendor who likes the cut of your gib, and then if they really want to contact you, they can.

Of course, this is POTV, we don't want to be too uptight, well, my colleagues don't at any rate, so we understand that banter occurs, and that really does add to the place.
Also, this isn't aimed at anyone in particular, believe me, if it was, we would let you know.

As an aside, dontcha reckon the list of reviewers I mentioned prove that, despite there being a few, that there is overall a chronic shortage of female reviewers? This requires addressing in a modern society, so c'mon chicks, get your Paps out!

Finally, integrity, people, integrity, now, adios, and be careful out there ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rUYZpNh1P4

Last edited:
When Merry said get your Paps out KMS. I don't think he was referring to you!!

Bump.gif

Oh I don't know though. We are talking Merry here after all!!

Last edited:
So for anyone who doesn't speak Merino-Teflon :P

If you want to review...

Reply to this post, with how effing amazing you are and why vendors should choose you to review their stuff... then leave a contact method (preferably PM to avoid spammers getting your email!) and sit back and wait for a vendor to contact you!

You can also tag the thread at the top (click Tag Users) and enter the name of a vendor you are interested in reviewing. Hopefully they will be swayed by your bad assery and PM you :D

I'll rise above the some of the implications of the last comment :58: :thumbup:....and also add that you don't have to have a reviewer icon, to post reviews, in case you were wondering. But if it is something you are considering doing a fair amount of, it could be worth your while getting one, if you are not already established, obviously.
Oh, and it isn't limited to video reviewers.

I feel it reasonable to let new members know in advance of having to read anything I type. It could be hotlinked to the ignore function.

Back
Top Bottom