What's new

Work meeting about smoking policy/ vaping

That's pretty much what the last para of the HSE FAQs page says:

If an employer decides to 'prohibit' the use of e-cigarettes in the workplace but allow for ‘vaping’ breaks or provide areas where employees can use e-cigarettes, the employer needs to ensure that those who use e-cigarettes are not put at risk of harm from second-hand tobacco smoke.
Exactly.
If i worked in a fixed place id vape in the smoking shelter if forced to and use the fact they were not providing me a smoke free place to force the companies hand.

Exactly.
If i worked in a fixed place id vape in the smoking shelter if forced to and use the fact they were not providing me a smoke free place to force the companies hand.

@Crewella ’s post would be much better ammunition than what you had suggested, but even then it’s only guidance. If they ignored you and refused you’d need to take it to court, then there would be a precedent set either way.

And the worry is they might just ban both altogether?
This but think it would royally backfire though.
I remember going without a ciggy.
Made me into one of the seven dwarfs.

Snow_White_-_Grumpy.jpg

@Crewella ’s post would be much better ammunition than what you had suggested, but even then it’s only guidance. If they ignored you and refused you’d need to take it to court, then there would be a precedent set either way.
If it was that easy though bud im sure this thread wouldnt exist.

Back
Top Bottom