What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Told "you can't smoke that in here sir" in Tesco today

I went out for the evening and ended up in Wetherspoons, I was vaping and one of the staff come over to tell me off about it. I had been vaping in their numerous times before. So fair enough, I put it away. next time I was in there I had to top up the Nautilus mini before proceeding outside to vape, the same staff member come over to tell me off... again. I then lectured him about badgering vapers for sorting their gear out before going out in the cold to vape. If a smoker is entitled to prepare a cigarette indoors; a vaper can do the same with their vape.

I rarely go in there anymore now, my other local has a lovely environment, great beer, lovely bar staff and allow vapers to vape indoors. :) xx

In all fairness you should really ask if its ok to vape in their premises.

But I would not have reacted nicely, to be told to put it away lol thats bs... seems he/ her took a disliking i guess...

I'm guessing since you were using a vamo you weren't making any effort to be stealthy or subtle about it.

Nooope, this was a while a go when I had the nautilus mini with an ego battery. Tiny lil thing. If I'm to go out on the town, I'll be on the istick unless I go to uni. In which case I go outside to vape with my Vamo :) xxx

In all fairness you should really ask if its ok to vape in their premises.

But I would not have reacted nicely, to be told to put it away lol thats bs... seems he/ her took a disliking i guess...

Very true! Although others were also vaping in there, I now ask every pub or public place I go in suitable to vapes if I can. Most of the time they are lovely about it, even if it's a solid no (except for the bar person, who didn't seem to like me, my old vape, his job or the premises. He was always a bit of a grumpy guss!) :) xxxx

Last edited:
If they insist you dont vape in there store maybe ask them to turn off what ever there pushing through the vents near the bread counter :grin2:

You asked for a written copy of the policy? Bit petty, almost arrogant don't you think? Things like that are down to management's discretion, if they don't want clouds of vapour blown in their customers' faces then that's up to them

Sent from my iPhone using Planet of the Vapes

Not really. I'm happy to comply with a company policy as it is a private establishment. I just want to know why. A large multinational tends to do everything with blanket policies so I wanted to know what is was.

Turns out they don't have a written policy just a polite request because "because nobody knows what's in them".

So no policy and ignorance then. I'm still happy to comply though.

I think there's a line crossed when it comes to places where food is sold. I wouldn't like it if I were a non-vaper.

Stealth vape on planes, trains and automobiles, cinemas, hell even the library. Quietly vape in pubs, clubs, bars and anywhere that says it's ok, never vape in supermarkets and keep the clouds for contests and meets.

I get your sentiment OP but that kind of behaviour as well as people chucking clouds is gonna fuck it up for the rest of us. The last thing we need is bad press or animosity, we've got to be a bit smart about this kind of thing and choose the battles wisely.

Consideration is a good quality to have ;)

When I'm outside at a car boot or anything I chug HUGE clouds cause the people who smoke piss me off when they blow there smelly smoke in my fudging face so my revenge is blow a huge cloud in there face and watch them choke, see how they like me smoking but most times it just falls into a convo about where they can get one from and what it's like, I always drum it up a lot better than what it is... I told them I can breathe more than what I could when I was smoking and saying its way cheaper as well....

Then most times I go round the same car boot sale I see them with an e-cig in there hands, just doing my part......

Told "you can't smoke that in here sir" in Tesco today

Would you also go into a furniture or clothing store and recite UK laws while asking to see the rulebook when they say no food or drink??

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom