What's new

Thunder Extra Stark Snus - Cola Flavour

AndyC1971

Veteran
Received in the post earlier this week, was a package from Dexter, that contained an alternative to Vaping. That was Snus.

IMG_0064.jpg

In traditional Dexter style, everything was labelled and complete with instructions. Plenty of different ones to try, and one really stood out, because of the label!: -

IMG_0066.jpg

I have been inquisitive about Snus for some while, and really only heard about it when the discussion of the TPD kicked off earlier this year. Now with the exception of Norway and Sweden, it is illegal to sell in the EU, but not illegal to use. Now I really dont want to get into the health dangers or other issues, because that is not what this is about, it is about finding alternatives to smoking. Niked has also given me a lot of pointers, so thank you :)

http://youtu.be/pwUVINiYUB0

** Update - 15 minutes in **

I have had no inclination to vape, its very bitter and strong, and I have got a nic headache. I have found that I am generating more dribble than usual, but I am just swallowing this, as I dont want to spit it out. It does feel uncomfortable in between my lip and teeth, but I do believe this is becasue I am new to it.

Thanks for doing this Andy, I wondered what it would be like, however, if I'm honest I would miss the inhalation experience of vaping.

Looking forward to the follow ups!

you are far braver than I am Andy. I havent done mine today due to the hectic sleep schedule I am experiencing but will try another one tomorrow I think.

I will have 1 of each flavour left over if someone else would like to have a go, just shoot me a PM.

I do have to admit though with the first one, I had no "nic fits" or a desire to vape at all. Which was great, but after about 30 mins I was itching for the hand to mouth motions. I did stick it out though for the full hour, but I think I prefer vaping.

Nice one @AndyC1971! The cola one is definitely the weirdest one I've tried, and I can honestly say that I don't like it. The cool mint is my portion of choice by a long mile.

Like you, I was very much aware that vaping could dive down the toilet in the not too distant future, and was curious of non-NRT alternatives. I did the whole day at the e-cigarette summit on snus and three tokes on my mod! I also learned some very reassuring facts about snus whilst I was there, which was a big bonus, and reassuring.

I'm now using snus a lot, and it is a huge bonus when I am at work and cannot vape because I am either doing stuff where you certainly don't want hand to face contact, or when I am meeting people face to face.

I put it under my lower lip to the side, and it seems to be happier there for some reason. Having said that, I used a piece earlier on and fell asleep watching telly - when I woke up, I swallowed and thought Jesus was coming to get me! I had the hiccups and heartburn for about ten minutes!

Ordinarily, I can last about an hour to an hour and a half not vaping when I use it, and I think that is because the flavour lasts a lot longer than with gum.

I'd be interested what @Niked's thoughts are, as I am definitely sticking with Snus. :D

Last edited:
Right.....it has been in an hour now, and these are my thoughts :)

1. I havent puked - Must be a Viking :D
2. I had no cravings whatsoever, and it has pricked my curiosity to buy some different flavours, and use it in those occasions where vaping is not acceptable.
3. I have generated much more Saliva (sp?) than usual
4. Absolutely crazy headache :(
5. Numbing of my lip, with a slight burning sensation. :(

Now I have no doubt that the last three list above is because I am a 'Snus Virgin!' The cola one is an acquired taste, and I do think the extra stark is too strong for me.

As Meg has pointed out, this is definitely not going to take precedence over vaping, but it does have the potential to have a place in my armoury. I would miss that hand to mouth action, and found for an hour I did not really know what to do with my hands :(

Thanks again Dexter, yet another experience I have encountered thanks to you. Also thanks to our Scandanavian friend Niked the Viking! :)

@AndyC1971 -nice review, will be interesting to see a follow up! You are a Viking!
Snus in portions tend to produce more saliva than loose snus (at least for me), but easier to handle and not so messy. I prefered loose snus when I used it.

It is normal that it burns a bit in the beginning. After a few times you dont notice it.

It is strange that they have banned snus since it is a way nicer way to get your nic. You dont harm anyone else, you dont annoy anyone with the smell like a smoker does. Its less harmful than smoking, but banned? Politics...

Last edited:
Niked - how do you use loose snus? Do you end up with bits in your mouth? I have been curious, but not brave enough! :D

Well, I've been looking forward to watching this all day... was expecting a bright red, retching AndyC1971... and have been bitterly disappointed! ;)

Fair play for doing it Andy, but Dexter, if you feel the need to send him anything else to try, make it something REALLY foul will ya? We could all do with a laugh ;)

Fair play for doing it Andy, but Dexter, if you feel the need to send him anything else to try, make it something REALLY foul will ya? We could all do with a laugh ;)

Ha ha! Believe me Liath, Andy kept the cola snus in for about 55 minutes longer than I ever have. I think we just need to face up to facts and accept that he is all that is man, has balls of steel, and has earned his Viking helmet. :D

In the meantime, I'll see what I can find... ;) :D

@Dexter you knead the snus in its box, using the fingers, kind of gently press the moist snus together to a ball. Then it sticks together and you put the ball of snus under the lip. There is a plastic tube you can use if you dont like getting snus on you fingers, called prismaster.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom