What's new

This IS SCARY!

scared on why they have decided to be nice.

why?

truth, facts and a little intelligence will win in the end, the people, like " Linda Bauld" cannot ignore the facts, its all about the people who are "in the know" and who have influence putting the facts out there

it was just a joke, am glad there positive articles at last! hopefully this will cause a chain reaction to continue throughout the media, just amazing they actually decided put something in that will hopefully encourage more to come of the stinkys, but what i want to know is what else will we complain about if the media starts being positive about ecigs in the news :')

That's excellent. I saw my Dad recently and was surprised when he expressed concern for my health and wished that I wouldn't vape. I don't really follow all the news so wasn't aware of all the negative stories out there.

As vaping becomes more mainstream we will see less scare stories in the media.
Some equally sensible advice on the RoSPA site linked to in the Grauniad article.

Went through airport security four times in the past month with six mods, six tanks, 12 x 18650s neatly and safely packed and they were carefully checked on x-ray and only once asked to be inspected (probably because of the way my tanks were all lined up like bullets in a k bag). No issues though. My wife and I also had between us two phones and four tablets plus one spare phone battery. All perceived as normal.
(500ml of juice and cutters pliers etc in hold case also no issues)

I perceive less and less odd looks from non-vapers irrespective of how much "cloud" I make.
Vaping is slowly being accepted as "normal".

Last edited:
It may be an error but she refers to vaping as smoking but I shall let her off becuase she is quite a fit looking bird ! :)

@Tiggy Hope that your dad sees the light (fingers crossed ) ! my mum has been in my corner for me vaping from when it was just an idea that I was going to try it to now when she hopes i stay with it rather than go back to smoking ! & it makes a big difference

Last edited:
newspapers is a broad term.....the guardian tend to seek out informed experts for opinions as they have here. competitors may have opinions from loud-mouthed randoms who are paid to ruffle feathers and write entire pieces based on anecdotal experiences
the other/main problem is the public aren't interested in investigating the science of something they observe occasionally. much bias is in play, fuelled by the negative aspects of smoking and applied to vape clouds
they just see giant clouds and assume it's full of toxic chemicals, and vape clouds are huge in comparison.
they won't ever bother to check it's not chock full of noxious substances like cigarette smoke and bus fumes, they just associate it with conventional smoking and the multitude of chemicals found in its smoke
a prudent scientist has to add the caveat that it's safer as far as we know without any long-term studies and given how wrong they were on smoking for so long, are hesitant to commit to it being the safe alternative. If it was pushed as the miracle alternative and in 10 years time, we all turned around with perforated lungs full of cavities, they'd once again have egg on their face.

her article is objective - you can see she would not hesitate to criticise had the evidence pointed that way, and as an expert who has reviewed the highest quality studies (quoting the gold standard cochrane), she has taken the stance on it being safe and a preferable alternative
that's what matters to us, authoritative scientists working on facts and evidence
we know how safe it is, we reap the benefits. moany complainers can naf off
It's only when there are regulations forced through that affect us that haven't been thought through that I'm concerned (TPD :12:). ASH should acknowledge how many people have quit their dreaded cigarettes thanks to ecigs but aren't supportive http://ash.org.uk/category/information-and-resources/product-regulation/harm-reduction

@Tiggy Hope that your dad sees the light (fingers crossed ) ! my mum has been in my corner for me vaping from when it was just an idea that I was going to try it to now when she hopes i stay with it rather than go back to smoking ! & it makes a big difference

My mother is very cool with me vaping. One of my brothers vapes too ( he gave up smoking cigs about 5 years ago) and he keeps spare batteries and e liquids in her flat- she has a space in the cupboard for his vaping stuff lol.

Back
Top Bottom