What's new

Leave smokers alone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you Linda?
Are you Linda?
Are you Linda in disguise?

:D
Only on a Friday night. btw apologies for that email signature thing, it would appear that there is some trouble with a server somewhere and I strongly deny that being my sig. Arthur sits a few rows down closer to the coffee machine... in a window seat as usual. It's always "ooh Arthur, thanks for the astroturf thing in Egypt" or "nice job on the 'too big to fail' line, have an extra bonus" whilst here I am stuck doing a much more difficult task which obviously going to get tangible results as quickly as with convincing people there's no alternative energy, that David Cameron isn't a genetically engineered thunderbird or similar and not only do I not get thanks, but I get a seat next to the toilets.

Aye... I suppose it can often feel like a thankless task trying to further our... err, I mean your cause.

Are you Linda?
Are you Linda?
Are you Linda in disguise?

This made me PMSL you nutter :P

@Gonloopy I saw they "your cause" thing too and with the earlier "possibly dangerous" statement... @The Artful Regster is more and more looking like a plant ;) (did I mention that were ALL a little mad here?) Venus Fly Trap maybe? :P

I have some theories about The Artful Regster ....one has no ties what so ever to vaping other than posting on this forum :) and another has political ties... but not in a mainstream antz capacity...However, both of my theories would suggest that TAR (HAHAHA <--- look at that ;) TAR) is from a professional background which requires him to be some what educated therefore, not far from our grasps as vapers... we can convert him fully still.

Now who's wearing their tinfoil ;) :P

@Gonloopy I saw they "your cause" thing too and with the earlier "possibly dangerous" statement... @The Artful Regster is more and more looking like a plant ;) (did I mention that were ALL a little mad here?) Venus Fly Trap maybe? :P

I have some theories about The Artful Regster ....one has no ties what so ever to vaping other than posting on this forum :) and another has political ties... but not in a mainstream antz capacity...However, both of my theories would suggest that TAR (HAHAHA <--- look at that ;) TAR) is from a professional background which requires him to be some what educated therefore, not far from our grasps as vapers... we can convert him fully still.
I feel honoured to be a conspiracy theory in the making, but in the interests of accuracy I'd like to point out that it wasn't me that said 'possibly dangerous'. Of course there are far more sensible explanations for the remaining 'your cause' statement which is that I am using vaping to give up smoking and possibly carry on with a low dose of nicotine for health purposes. You on the other hand want to be able to vape how you please wherever you like. So our 'causes' are indeed different.

But I prefer the conspiracy theory personally. :D

Ah.. so in your 'camp', you're presumably happy with the proposed EU regulation that will allow you to do what you like and screw anyone else then.

Kind of a selfish attitude that... your fake persona is supposed to be considerate.

Try to keep your story straight, or you run the risk of looking like a bit of a twot.

UKVIP will not concede any rights of vapers which should be the rights of any free person. This is in the Constitution and will be in the manifesto. Concede anything and we all know from experience they will (always) want MORE .... MORE ... MORE !!!! regulators start with a temperance message while on their way to their clear objective ... prohibition!!!!.

Although it should also be a free persons right to smoke without undue interference, we will not be including smoking in our constitution or manifesto ... As I say, although all the UKVIP team and most vapers support a smokers right to smoke and without undue interference (unfortunately that boat has already sailed), our fight is to save vaping and not the world.

Ah.. so in your 'camp', you're presumably happy with the proposed EU regulation that will allow you to do what you like and screw anyone else then.

Kind of a selfish attitude that... your fake persona is supposed to be considerate.

Try to keep your story straight, or you run the risk of looking like a bit of a twot.

I don't know if you have memory issues, but my point has been this entire time that I want people to be allowed to vape everywhere and I think that groups of people blowing clouds of whatever grand size they choose will prevent that from happening. Because of the propaganda machine that has been in action against smoking and is now turning its attention towards vaping. Without that this would not be an issue, but there is no point pretending the last 40 years didn't happen.

Considering the growing, but relatively small, number of users of vaping devices the questions people will ask themselves when considering whether to allow or to continue to allow vaping will not be based on your behaviour, but will be on the basis of many people doing exactly what you are doing at the same time. So you might only see one cloud that you believe you have the right to make whereas a manager will see a hundred simultaneous clouds and make a decision on that, in conjunction with the number of complaints from customers.

So whilst you seem to subscribe to a strange hypothesis that you can undo 40 years of brainwashing by blowing a big cloud of vaper, you are clearly just making that picture in the managers head a lot worse than if you were a bit more considerate towards your fellow future vapers and recent ex smokers. Who'd obviously like to enjoy the same privileges that you seem hell bent on messing up.

We do not live in a utopian world and life is about compromise.

My final word on the secret agent theory.... if I really did work for one of those places I'd organise fake vaping clubs and get big gatherings going in places where the owner of large franchises and chains are present and have them all blow big clouds everywhere. If you don't think that the brainwashing of the last 40 years re smoking would have them look at that as a big negative then there I don't know what else to say.

On that note, there is a lot of money being spent on vaping equipment these days so I hope those guys are getting wined and dined or at least receiving well presented educational material before they encounter a situation they could perceive as being a customer satisfaction issue or worse..... an H&S one!!! God forbid.

I don't know if you have memory issues, but my point has been this entire time that I want people to be allowed to vape everywhere and I think that groups of people blowing clouds of whatever grand size they choose will prevent that from happening. Because of the propaganda machine that has been in action against smoking and is now turning its attention towards vaping. Without that this would not be an issue, but there is no point pretending the last 40 years didn't happen.

Considering the growing, but relatively small, number of users of vaping devices the questions people will ask themselves when considering whether to allow or to continue to allow vaping will not be based on your behaviour, but will be on the basis of many people doing exactly what you are doing at the same time. So you might only see one cloud that you believe you have the right to make whereas a manager will see a hundred simultaneous clouds and make a decision on that, in conjunction with the number of complaints from customers.

So whilst you seem to subscribe to a strange hypothesis that you can undo 40 years of brainwashing by blowing a big cloud of vaper, you are clearly just making that picture in the managers head a lot worse than if you were a bit more considerate towards your fellow future vapers and recent ex smokers. Who'd obviously like to enjoy the same privileges that you seem hell bent on messing up.

We do not live in a utopian world and life is about compromise.

My final word on the secret agent theory.... if I really did work for one of those places I'd organise fake vaping clubs and get big gatherings going in places where the owner of large franchises and chains are present and have them all blow big clouds everywhere. If you don't think that the brainwashing of the last 40 years re smoking would have them look at that as a big negative then there I don't know what else to say.

On that note, there is a lot of money being spent on vaping equipment these days so I hope those guys are getting wined and dined or at least receiving well presented educational material before they encounter a situation they could perceive as being a customer satisfaction issue or worse..... an H&S one!!! God forbid.

What you have attempted to do throughout this discussion is to express your wish for vapers to adhere to restrictions. You have also used the phrase 'excessive' as if you are somehow qualified to quantify what constitutes excess.

You don't have that qualification, no one does apart from the person who actually happens to be vaping. They would be the only person qualified to quantify how much vapour production is enough to satisfy their OWN requirements, not yours, or anyone else's.

I've seen a fair few new vapers appear on forums over the years who seem to think that just because they've been vaping a few weeks that they're somehow morally superior and seem to come over with the 'my shit doesn't stink anymore attitude'. Well it does. You have no sudden moral authority to dictate to anyone else how they should vape, where they should vape and what devices they should be using.

Climb down off your pedestal, wake up and smell the RY4.. assuming you even have a clue what that is.

YES, vapers should respect the wishes of establishment owners and if they don't want vaping on their premises, vapers should respect this. If an owner allows vaping, then they should be prepared to stand by that acceptance. If they don't, then fine.. the vaper needs to find an owner who will and take their custom there.

No one expects attitudes to magically change overnight, but one thing is sure as hell.. they have NO chance of changing if the anti smoking lobby are allowed to shift the same denormalisation attitudes towards smoking onto vaping without being challenged.

If you think it's prudent to roll over and take it up the wrong un and you think that will actually do any good, then get on with it, but there are plenty of folk here that would rather challenge the cynical disinformation and attitudes of demonisation.

If you are actually a vaper, then you have a lot to learn.

Personally though, I'm not at all convinced you are a vaper... the holier than thou attitude that is readily apparent in your posts, your apparent glee in your belief that vapers will be forced outside with the smokers and your attitude of promoting meek acceptance and an apologist approach to vaping, bear the hallmarks of an anti smoking lobbyist on the look out for a new set of people to order around, berate and control.

Carry on trolling. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom