What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Leave smokers alone

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went out Friday, 1 restaurant, 1 pub, 1 club. No problems Vaping. Kept it low at the restaurant but in full view of bouncer and staff at pub and club. Not even got funny looks. Saw lots of people walking between pubs with ecigs, mostly the CE4 starter kit styles. One guy with a box-mod.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

People are afraid of what they don't understand and if they see a person sitting in the pub generating clouds of vapor like a fog machine I can understand how the uninitiated may get worried about it. It's about context really, is it appropriate or even necessary to be producing big vapor when all you need is a little ego set up with a clearomizer to get you through the evening? In these difficult times for vaping we really should be treading lightly if we can.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

Of course, there's always the opposite viewpoint of not being intimidated and vaping with whatever device you want to, without feeling 'smoker's guilt'.

After all, it's not smoking, it's vaping and the more people who realise and acknowledge that distinction, the less that people will have 'legitimate' reasons for objecting to anyone vaping.

I don't trust ego style batteries to a point of refusing to use them and clearomiser's are imo unusable. ......

NO! They wont do me, they wobt "get me through" I vape because I enjoy it, I enjoy using the devices I choose to use, I wont capitulate just to massage sone feckless idiot who refuses to understand my choices when many other people, including the landlords of the establishment I'm in can accept my choices.

I totally disagree. Appeasement is not in my nature, nor do I believe we should be appeasing people who say "oh, well you can use that, so you dont need THAT" its a stupid self defeating attitude to take.

So an 18650 mod is not considered normal? Well damm well make it normal, why the hell should we accept lesser choices? Because it saves hurting someone else's feelings? Tough, if their that fucking sensitive, they need their feelings hurt a little so they grow up a bit. Its the same type of obnoxious moron that will say something like "you dont need that big car, a little eurobox does the same thing" maybe I dont need it, but I like to enjoy myself, you don't need to eat steak but I'll be fucked if I'm giving that up either and the principle is exactly the same.

Sorry. Rant mode off. Carry on...

^ I guess your the type of guy that has a car full of people and listens to the radio station that you like ! Fuck the passengers eh attitude ?

If i was a landlord and vaping was causing issues to other people in the venue you would have 2 choices. Those being dont do it or get out.

Simple really, just because you have the choice to use what you like doesnt give you anything over anyone else.

What you do in your own home on your own is your choice but the minute your in someone elses establishment you bypass all rights to do what you want.

No, I'm the type of guy that is pissed off with this total appeasement attitude. Or trying to appease before someone makes an issue attitude. I'm ab adult, I'm perfectly capable of assessing a situation and using discretion if necessary, but I'll be fucked if I'll be told what I can and cannot do simply because it "may offend someone", maybe it will, tough shit, no one seems to care if I'm offended by pointless whining, why not go tell them not to moqn because it may offend someone?

I am the kind of guy who may have a car full of people but puts what music I want on, its my fucking car, with my fucking radio, if they dont like it they can always walk, I'm not forcing them to be in there! Sorry, but you chose a piss poor analogy there, a better one would have been being on a bus with an obnoxiously loud walkman, and no I wouldn't do that, I'd be sat reading a book, because I'm a bit odd like that:violin:

Maybe it was a poor analogy but im the kind of guy that doesn't put the radio on if i have passengers.

The thing to remember here is jist because we like something someone else may not.
Yes the person sitting opposite in pub could go elsewhere but why would he or she ? They have gone for a pint not to inhale or look at your clouds of vapor !

Where as you might jave gone to have a pint as well your pint will still be there if you pop out for a couple of minutes to have a vape !

Tubbyengineer. Vamo with fogger, nemesis with .8ohm igo w, private v2 with prometheus to name a few, none were being used for cloud chasing, it wasn't necessary, thats kind of my point, I carried what I chose to carry and used it in a sensible manner, I dont need to be told I can only carry x mod with y atty and use it in z manner......I'm an adult.

And yes, I could have gone outside, but since I was permitted to vape inside.....why should I? The other person could have gone into another section of the pub, or gone outside for some fresh air......

Ok.

Let me put this another way because danny seems to be convinced that this one mystical super easily offended person is the most important thing over the other couple of hundred people in the pub......

I really really really fucking hate football with a passion. It would take me quite a few pages of swearing to give people a premise of my total hatred for the stupid game.

Say I walk into a pub displaying the world cup.....by the same reasoning, the landlord should turn the telly off because it offends ME, the one person in this example complaining.....

Now do you get why I think this fucking stupid idea of appeasement is so stupid?

One person moans so you ruin it for everyone?

No of course not, don't be so fucking rediculous.

Hopefully this conveys what I think of this argument

Funny thread. I reckon if you're allowed to vape in a pub and some nomark complains it's them that can bugger off! Oh, and when I'm in MY car, I put on what music I like!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom