What's new

Leave smokers alone

Status
Not open for further replies.
So nobody had a problem with vaping until you pulled out your self proclaimed penis substitute and started annoying people? Leave stuff like that to the your own home and try and vape responsibly, we are about to enter a shit storm as vapers and should all be doing our best to create a good impression.
WTF? I'm not even going to say what I really think about this comment!

So nobody had a problem with vaping until you pulled out your self proclaimed penis substitute and started annoying people? Leave stuff like that to the your own home and try and vape responsibly, we are about to enter a shit storm as vapers and should all be doing our best to create a good impression.

Leave what stuff? I don't smoke and I vape, I will take my vape gear with me any where I want, regardless if it looks like a penis or a pen.

Responsibility comes with being courteous to those around you (asking permission, asking if the people with you mind if you vape...ect) and with educating those that need it who know nothing about vaping or just believe the souped up propagandist hype we keep hearing.

Your post reply is just slightly aggressive and rude...I think you should listen to your own advice.
should all be doing our best to create a good impression.

He's entitled to his opinion, I will if asked politely, cease doing something, I will not though, tolerate someone being snotty with me, which was my issue on the night and with Dogeggs wording to me.

I personally feel we SHOULD be pulling out our most obvious devices anywhere we are permitted to use them, it raises public awareness and despite a few numpties I had quite a few positive conversations, simply off the back of the "I've never seen one like that before" factor.

Sorry about the penis substitute comment, i went a bit far with that. Stuff = some sub ohm rda that makes huge clouds that will annoy other people in a public place, and will cause some idiot to lose his face before the year is out. I'm seeing too much willy waving when it comes to these things and I think people need reminding that they can be very dangerous, and look like a dildo crossed with a lighthouse.

Sorry about the penis substitute comment, i went a bit far with that. Stuff = some sub ohm rda that makes huge clouds that will annoy other people in a public place, and will cause some idiot to lose his face before the year is out. I'm seeing too much willy waving when it comes to these things and I think people need reminding that they can be very dangerous, and look like a dildo crossed with a lighthouse.

Sorry about the penis remark, so call it a willy and a dildo instead! What exactly are you saying? That I should leave my mods at home? And only use ego's and cig-a-like devices when I'm out? Anyone who tells me I can't use my mod outside my house will get told to nob off!

Sorry I have to agree with clint again on this one.

Your mobile phone can be "very dangerous" but do you see your phone with a 65% of its size warning label on the outside telling you that the battery inside can explode? No...

It's just common sense that batteries of ANY kind can become unstable through faulty manufacturing right down to the consumer not understanding basic battery safety!

People need reminding that the benefits FAR outweigh the risks purported to be linked to ecigs (the unknowns, the batteries, the nicotine) and they need be reminded that ANY tobacco smoke intake is estimated to be at LEAST 1000 times more damaging than vapour from an ecig (one that looks like a penis, a dildo, a light house, a vacuum hose, a drain pipe, a javelin (the military one, not the olympic one!) Whatever it looks like does NOT matter.

You may have to piss off a few people in order to enlighten a few people along the way too. But I am confident enough in my own personal research and that of esteemed and respected doctors/scientists, that my ecigs are no more dangerous than a mobile phone.

I can make more vapour than a common ecig using a kfl or my dream atomiser, certainly wasn't running serious sub ohm drippers, just decent tank set ups, and all my mechs are far smaller than any vw device, I am however going to use what I want, how I want, I'm certainly not going be told not to use certain devices just because someone else cannot use them sensibly.

You'll also find that the people on here who are really sub ohming, tend to know what they are doing so are imo less likely to have something go wrong than someone with an ego and a crap usb lead bought off a market or from a vendor who has no idea about lithium safety.

Sorry, but anyone who has invested the time and money buying a mech, buying cells, buying a charger to suit, buying rebuildable atomisers, learning to coil, learning to wick, learning how to check coil resistance, are also likely to have found one of the many groups, be it here, other forums, facebook, dedicated to the pass time, I've not found one yet where the knowledgeable members dont constructively help people to do this within safe limits.

An ego with a ce4 scares me far far more than a pinnoy dripper at .4ohm, because the person with that pinnoy dripper will be damned sure to know exactly what they are doing.

If someone wants to use sub ohm coils to create huge clouds of vapour, then why shouldn't they?

If anyone is annoyed by it then they could always just move away.

As for the prospect that could 'cause some idiot to lose his face', who are you to say that they can't take the 'risk' of that happening if they want to? Everyone should take personal responsibility for their own actions and if a person wants to use sub ohm coils, they should be familiar with the risks involved and have the freedom to choose to do so if they wish.

It's bad enough we've got the antz trying to place restrictions on what we do without forum members adding to the finger wagging.

I think we should be seen to be vaping responsibly when out in public. There does seem to be a large contingent of "my cloud's bigger than your cloud" type of (dare I say "dick swinging") contest going on here sometimes. Which is absolutely fine, in it's place, & only to be expected.

It's difficult though, on one side we need to get our point across & educate people about the positives, on the other side we don't want to be told what to do all the tme. But just because you can do something, doesn't necessarily mean you should. Recently I asked a pub if they allowed vaping (e-cigs), & they said (& I quote) "Yes, but not the smelly ones" (not sure what to make of that one).

Personally, I honestly think massive cloud making has a time & a place, & public houses are probably not the best of places, especially with the future of vaping very much hanging in the balance & the way things are going in general. (I have to say I can't blame some pubs for banning it if some of the above comments are anything to go by). A militant "I can do what I like, where I like" stance isn't going to do us any favours.

BTW, I'm deliberately not pointing any fingers here, not quoting any posts, & not making any accusations. I'm just trying to put across a balanced view of what some of the above posts say to me, & how it all comes across, as a relatively impartial onlooker. (Difficult sometimes when all you can see is the words, without any tone, context or expression behind them).

I must say though, since coming here recently, there is a lot of safety talk on this forum. I feel very safe after reading on here & have never seen any dangerous practices condoned in any way.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom