POTV - Your vaping community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Why not sign up today!

Register
  1. The POTV Charity Fundraising Event for 2019 is go! Check out the prizes and make your donations here.
    Dismiss Notice

Leave smokers alone

Discussion in 'Tobacco Harm Reduction' started by VapeMeStoopid, Jan 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steffijade

steffijade Achiever

Is this from Bacofoil's new spring range? ;)

• Like Like x 1
  2. The Artful Regster

The Artful Regster Initiate

We'll have to agree to disagree on what is considered personal then, not that you were involved personally because the tin foil stuff is indeed friendly banter. I never said anything about 'appalling or unnatural' behaviour... many normal and natural behaviours can be taken to extremes.

It's pointless me saying anything else because I'll just have more words put into my mouth or have some other phrase misinterpreted. But it's been educational.

All the best.

3. steffijade

steffijade Achiever

You show your ignorance yet again by including smokers in your 'relatively small' comparison... vapers are not 10% of smokers, vapers are 100% of vapers, or have smokers suddenly been allowed to blow their own particular brand of cloud in enclosed public spaces again?

Another Freudian slip 'your community'.. if you were one of us you wouldn't think of it as 'your' community, you'd think of it as 'our' community.

If you're starting to take this personally, then could I suggest you act on your 'positive learning experience' and stop posting bullshit retorts using your made up 'data' (another popular anti tactic btw) and stop trolling.

If you're happy to chip away at what small amount of integrity you have left, then carry on.

:D

• Like Like x 1
  4. The Artful Regster

It's important to understand the context of a statement and the relevance of a comparison before shouting your mouth off. Inside or outside an establishment, that comparison has context.

Good bye.

5. steffijade

steffijade Achiever

Only in your ill informed and narrow minded viewpoint.. you represent vapers as being 10% of a group to which they don't belong.

Maybe YOU should examine the context before you try to represent false associations?

• Like Like x 1
  6. The Artful Regster

Which they don't belong? Hmm, you must be a plant.... which would explain why you have the comprehension skills of a cabbage.

7. steffijade

steffijade Achiever

Ooh the troll's back.

I thought you were leaving?

My comprehension skills are fine thank you.

"there are around 9x as many smokers as vapers and of course a lot of them will be using the cigarette replicants that don't necessarily produce the clouds we are talking about. I think it's accurate and true to call 10% relatively small"

Are you denying that you wrote this (lol) and thereby implied that vapers make up 10% of a larger group which you call smokers?

If you had the even first clue, you'd recognise the fact that vapers aren't smokers.. the only ones attempting to reinforce that particular piece of misinformation are the vested financial interests that are losing money hand over fist as people switch to vaping.

Which one of these is it that you represent again?

#107 steffijade, Feb 11, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  8. The Artful Regster

As I said, you lack basic reading comprehension skills. I did actually lol at you quoting that, thinking that it meant what you imagine. Thanks for the laugh.

9. gords1001

gords1001 Achiever

Vapers inhale evaporated liquid, smokers inhale the smoke from combustion.

Vapers, by the very action of their habit cannot BE smokers unless thet are actually smoking at the time.

I think you need to redress your own comprehension skills because you clearly do not comprehend the difference between combustion and evaporation.

10. steffijade

steffijade Achiever

I think that you either lack basic writing composition skills, or were making a deliberate attempt to lump vaping in with smoking.

Either way, it's a fail on your part.

Run along now.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.