POTV - Your vaping community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Why not sign up today!

Register
  1. The POTV Charity Fundraising Event for 2019 is go! Check out the prizes and make your donations here.
    Dismiss Notice

Genuine Vaping Side Effects

Discussion in 'Tobacco Harm Reduction' started by danegarth, Jul 13, 2016.

1. smokinjoe23

smokinjoe23 Initiate

I had vapers tongue for a week a while back thats the only side effect Ive expeirenced in 3 years

2. Brittany McClue

Brittany McClue Member

I had a particularly unpleasant reaction to PG. I had a sore throat, itchy raised rashes, swollen lymph nodes, fatigue and sore, stiff limbs. It took a few months for it to build up to this level though, by the end I couldn't vape a PG juice without my throat closing up and having a coughing fit.

I can't vape 50/50 or 60% PG 40% VG or 70% PG 30% VG or 80%PG 20% VG or 100% PG

I have an allergy to PG

It gives me

Violent headaches

Sore throat

Coughing fits

Leaves me breathless

chest pains and palpitations

Causes Dizziness to almost passing out

Feeling nauseous to actually throwing up

Acid reflux

Effects my stomach I was in unbearable pain

Diorama

I can only vape 60% VG 40% PG or 70% VG 30% PG or 80% VG or 100% VG and since I have started vaping these ratios I haven't had any of these symptoms

And no I'm not making any of this up either if you have these symptoms while vaping 50/50 or 60% PG 40% VG or 70% PG 30% VG or 80%PG 20% VG or 100% PG the chances are you have an allergy to PG and my advice is to switch to 60% VG 40% PG or 70% VG 30% PG or 80% VG or 100% VG and this will fix the problem

3. redmatt76

redmatt76 Postman

Vaping pure pg would probably give you all them side effects especially if your vaping sub ohm, high nicotine and certain flavour can be irritants to chest n lungs especially if you not long gave up smoking.

4. jeffdragon

jeffdragon Postman

First few weeks of vaping got the Tom Tits, but since then all good :-)

5. norwichvaper78

norwichvaper78 Postman

I have developed a nasty side effect.

Sending vape stuff to my work address so i don't get moaned at.
    I call it. Avoidonehundredquestionsitis.

• Like Like x 7
    • LOL LOL x 5
  6. Jon The Vape

Jon The Vape Achiever

Bloody hell it`s catching - I`ve got the same symptom !!

Seriously though, had the vapers tongue about 4 weeks in, and turned into a phlem factory for a bit - all good now though.

7. Beccah

Beccah Postman

My mouth constantly feels like it used to the day after a rave 20 yrs ago (has it been that long! Surely not! :() I'm drinking enough fluids to be nervous when I sneeze yet still the cotton mouth (medical terminology there ;) ) still persists and is causing a bit of a craving for Judge Jules and after parties, those were the days my friend.
    However this is by far out weighed by the fact I haven't had to use my inhaler for a month now so I can live with it :)

• Like Like x 3
    • LOL LOL x 1
  8. Donald Trump's fister

Donald Trump's fister Achiever

Well good to see that you've done over a month off the tabs, so well done. Also it's great that you haven't had to use the inhaler for a month so you're seeing the benefits already..... great news then. I think it will take a while for your mouth to adjust and it's often a symptom when giving up smoking, but persevere and i'm sure very soon all will be good. All the best

• Like Like x 1
  9. vapemac

vapemac Veteran

I was asked the other day if I feel any better for giving up the fags... and I've thought about it alot over the last 11 months. I can't honestly say I feel any better. My sense of smell and taste seem unchanged, My breathing doesn't feel any better. Im still broke :D
    Either the damage has already been done or I was extremely lucky. I only really started smoking 20 a day at 21 after a drinking habit became a full time one but that's still ten years of damage. I would never go back to cigarettes now, I can't stand the smell.

Surely I can't be the only one?

• Like Like x 1
  10. Jon The Vape

Jon The Vape Achiever

Keep at it
    Just imagine back in the day trying to refil a tank or fit a new coil half way through a mad one - it was hard enough trying to get a Clipper to work. :2thumbsup:

• Like Like x 6
    • LOL LOL x 2