What's new

EU Hypocrisy

knome

Veteran
I was googling for images of EU parliament smoking areas and I came across this...

Forget the fact that it's the BNP, just look at the swanky locations where you can enjoy a cigarette.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, nothing new :) Dont ya like seeing what yer taxes pay for?

It would have to ventilated or air conditioned. I went to see my mate yesterday, this was a contrasting experience. I'd been to a vape shop & spent about an hour talking in there, had a vape with the shop owner & a generally nice time.

Popped round to my friends house & spent a second hour, again talking & i had a vape but this time i shared the space with his smoking. Well, d'ya know what ? I'm not a smoking snob by any means but that can't change the fact that it was horrid. When i left it was such a relief to get away from all that smoke & i didn't feel like vaping any more for a while, my throat reacted & i put my clothes in the wash pile.

As it goes. when i smoked i could never sit in a room of it anyway, i always had to have windows open because i just could never stand it. I could always cope with my own smoke but not anyone elses. My OH has never smoked & i sympathized with her too, she put up with it for years but she also tried to avoid spending nights at parties etc because well, you can't breath can you ? in a room of smoke. It's freakin horrible.

Like other ex smokers i have become more aware of it now ,more sensitive to it but on this occasion it was the worst i've ever known it. I find myself on new territory now around some good friends. i don't want to come across as a snob but there's just no getting away from it.

Like i said, air vented rooms or air conditioned, even for the sake of the smokers themselves.

Still dont understand how they can smoke in an enclosed space !! Why are they not huddled around the front door or in Lepers corner like the rest of us !! One rule for them and another for us ??

Room sponsered by Philip Morris, BAT etc ??

Still dont understand how they can smoke in an enclosed space !! Why are they not huddled around the front door or in Lepers corner like the rest of us !! One rule for them and another for us ??

Room sponsered by Philip Morris, BAT etc ??

It may be that it's only the UK that gets nanny-state anal about following all the rules and regs. I haven't travelled to the rest of Europe in a while but perhaps some of our European cousins just say meh!

Last edited:
In my travels over the last year I have vaped with smokers in bars in Germany, France , Italy and Spain . Also in China vaped with smokers in bars and restaurants and nobody batted an eyelid ( except in China where my colleagues had never seen anybody vape before ) but the point is nobody gave a shit !!. Even in Hong Kong where its illegal I vaped all day nobody cared!!
Then in the UK I am a leper again except in my local pub where I am welcome to vape and at work where I chain vape all day :)

Last edited:
In amsterdam, the only thing that compels bars to ban tobacco smoking is after they get the first fine or two, as the punishment increases with each offence. Nobody there supports the ban, especially as cannabis smokers are regular breaking the law by mixing it with tobacco in the smoker - friendly bars.
At least the Dutch reached a compromise for the hard-hit small businesses by allowing them to permit tobacco smoking if the bar was staffed by the owner.
Never even had to ask if I could vape, cos no-one in Amsterdam supports a smoking ban anyway, and it wouldn't even occur to them to object to a legal alternative to smoking

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

I can vape happily in a mates house when all around me are smoking,but if I'm in a non-smoking environment or even outdoors I have noticed I actually wrinkle my nose if I smell a cigarette or smokers clothes.I even smelled the odours of a smoker across the opposite side of the street today,which amazed me as I could also smell what seemed to be cannabis(but was from the fog wherever I was)

Back
Top Bottom