What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Cigarettes To Rise By 28p Per Pack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huggett

Legend
Just thought id post this so everyone would know there 'saving' more money, that is if your not spending it on Vapegear ;)

It's a good thing to remind the OH when there moaning about your vape spend per month ;)

I thinks there going to be a surge in people turning to vaping instead of the stinkies :-P

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

I've only been vaping 5 1/2 months but before I was buying Euro bacca for 9 quid a pouch so was out of touch with ciggy prices.
There was a long queue in my local shop the other day so I started looking at the prices of ciggies out of curiosity and think if I hadn't have been using my crutches I'd have fallen over!

a rise based on a report by the WHO that suggest price increases will achieve a 25% (i think) decrease in smokers. Theyre idiots. I remember when a pack of cigs was less than $1.20 in the states, they go for nearly $14.00 in NY now and I still would have bought them had I not started vaping!

a 28p rise for a 20 per day smoker is an £8.40 increase in the monthly spend. Not enough to put people off imo ...

I remember saying to myself, as soon as they are more than £3 a pack I'll stop. Needless to say that every time they put up the price, I would just move the goal posts. And I too would still pay the stupid prices if it weren't for vaping.

I know the increase is small but IMO I think its not the tiny increase that will convert them, its the fact they have rised the prices again and will p*ss alot of people off and now theres an alternative (well much more known about alternative) people will possibly switch :)

a rise based on a report by the WHO that suggest price increases will achieve a 25% (i think) decrease in smokers. Theyre idiots. I remember when a pack of cigs was less than $1.20 in the states, they go for nearly $14.00 in NY now and I still would have bought them had I not started vaping!

I can vivdly remember my dad saying he would pack in smoking in disgust if cigs ever got to a pound for a pack of 20.

Unfortunately, he never followed through with this and was still smoking 40 a day up until about a year before the big c took him away from us.

I sometimes sit and wonder if vaping had been an option back then, whether he might still be with us and the whole tax em out of affordability line is just a bullshit cover for revenue retention. The government has been steadily losing income as smokers turn to vaping and the duty increase is just an attempt to try and recoup some of those losses.

If they were actually serious about protecting the health of smokers they'd be encouraging smokers to switch to vaping but they don't actually want that.. all they want is tax revenue. The cynical, deceptive and downright irresponsible attitude that this approach demonstrates is, quite frankly, fecking sickening.

a 28p rise for a 20 per day smoker is an £8.40 increase in the monthly spend. Not enough to put people off imo ...

You really think they want people to give up??!!

The probably discussed this at the treasury, along the lines of 'How much can we raise revenue before people will consider giving up!' and aim it just below.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom