What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Aspire Atlantis new coils issue

Cloudchimp

Hi guys. How everyone is well. Just wondering if anyone has had any problems with the newer coils for the atlantis? Bought a pack from a supplier who have been faultless in the past and up until now I've trusted. All 5 coils showed no reading/'check atomiser' . No Strath and check in the pack is a concern also the packaging looked more orange wiring wise than the genuine ones I've just received from somewhere else. Beginning to think gales have been sent but thought I'd see if anyone has had issues with coils they verified as genuine?

Ok autocorrect struck! :(
How=hope
Strath=scratch
Wiring =writing
Gales=fakes!

Great first post by me!

Post a pic of one of those coils, preferably in good quality, from different angles, showing the steel mesh part inside the coil as well as the bottom part of the coil (side view).
I've dealt with quite a few fake coils on Atlantis so might be able to tell you if its legit or not.
The fact that the was no scratch code makes me think its fake, but I'm not 100% convinces till I see the coil itself.

Fake coils should still give you a reading, I've used a lot of them in the past and while the reading may be off by quite a bit (o.37ohm on a supposedly 0.5ohm coils etc), I've always gotten some kid of reading. I'm kinda thinking that the base of your tank may be broken (problem with a pin?). Can you confirm that any other coils work in ytour tank?

Hi matey. Thanks for the reply,sorry to be so slow replying, the nine week old poo machine I spawned has been keeping me busy. The dodgy coils got binned as one of my cats is a bit random for eating non food objects.
Tank is working fine, had an old v1 coil which I threw in and vape o'clock! The mystery deepens though! Got me some new v2 coils from aspire, packaging and more importantly scratch code were fine and checked out as genuine. First coil was fine but the second one showed the dreaded 'check atomiser'! Beginning to think there's a problem design or production wise. Suprised tbh as I've always found aspire kit pretty solid/reliable in the past. I'll report back when I change coils and see what goes, may just go back to the v1 coils as, well ...They worked!

Sounds very strange. I've got 2x Atlantis v1 and it works with both v1 and v2 coils with out any issues at all. "check atomizer" means that it isn't making a connection, and I find it hard to believe that all 5 of them are buggered.
Did you notice a little rubber ring around the base of the coil? I always remove it from my coils, I'm now thinking that it could be the reason why the coil isn't making a good connection.

Do know anyone else who has an Atlantis? Maybe ask them to see if you coils will work in their tank, this way you can work out for sure whether it is the coil or the tank that is the issue.

Hi matey. Tis strange indeed. The tanks a V2. Deffo not the tank as it's been firing fine when I put an old style coil in there too check it. Currently have got one of the new ones to fire, shock horror! Know what you mean worth the little o ring, seems a bit superfluous. Checked it out on the new coil that's currently working and it had dislodged but wasn't causing a problem ironically. Catching up with a mate who had the same tank this week so kept the last duff coil to check in his tank. I'll report back, still seems to be an issue with the new style of coil which is a shame, as they are nice flavour wise. I'll update when I know more!

Back
Top Bottom