POTV - Your vaping community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Why not sign up today!

Register

Any Snuff users?

Discussion in 'Tobacco Harm Reduction' started by SimonUK, Sep 8, 2014.

1. SimonUK

SimonUK Initiate

I have to say, even though I very rarely smoke any tobacco now (The occasional Cigar, or 1 bowl in a pipe)

I do still fairly regularly enjoy some Snuff though, mainly menthols.

Anyone else a Snuff fan?

2. shezzuk1

shezzuk1 Postman

Yes me, I snuff, snus and vape. I'm mainly a Toque snuff user with their Quit or SP Extra as my favourites for the nicotine hit :)

Thanks for reminding me, I'm gonna snort a nose full now!

3. u8myufo

u8myufo Achiever

Not me mate but you might be able to tag any users that still do from this section.

4. SimonUK

SimonUK Initiate

Huzzah!

I've never really got into Snus, maybe I've never tried something that i get on with.

I never really used any Toque stuff, i'm mainly a Wilson Sharrow guy. Their super Menthol and Lemon Grove are incredible!

5. EthelKing

EthelKing Veteran

SimonUK - If you want some fresh mint portion snus to try, drop me a line and I'll get a few in the post. :D

6. Anthorn

Anthorn Postman

I used to when I smoked a pipe many years ago and it's pretty common amongst pipe smokers. I used to stuff it up my nostrils and sprinkle it on the burning tobacco. Coarse ground French Carrotte was my favourite but I couldn't get on with fine ground.

But if you're taking snuff you're still getting all the tar and gunge into your body. It's absorbed through walls of the nasal passages in much the same way as it's absorbed through the walls of the lungs. So really changing from smoking to snuff has no real benefit at all other than you can do it where smoking is prohibited.

7. shezzuk1

shezzuk1 Postman

Where did you hear this? Tar is a by-product of combustion, and there isn't one single recorded death from nasal snuff in the hundreds of years it's been used. It's probably the safest way to use tobacco.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thank Thank x 1
  8. Anthorn

Anthorn Postman

c.f. nasal cancer and throat cancer amongst snuff takers. Snuff is ground tobacco and if tobacco is bad so is snuff.

9. shezzuk1

shezzuk1 Postman

Can you provide some evidence to back these claims up?

Tobacco is only really harmful when burnt and inhaled into the lungs, unless you can provide evidence to the contrary of course.

10. Krispyfried

Krispyfried Postman

I have a couple of tins of Mc Chrystals snuff that I used to use when I had a cold which was recommended to me by some old guy when I worked in Rotherham, loads of the old guys up there used to use it.

Sent from my iPhone using Planet of the Vapes