What's new

A Billion Lives Movie

Old Grump

Postman
I recently had correspondence with the producers of A Billion Lives and asked a question as to why the excellent doco A Billion Lives is not available on line as a pay per view event. His reply was that it is that is the way the Hollywood Stuidios want it. My reply was as follows:

I appreciate the fact that you and your production team are doing an excellent job. However the Studio Moguls for whom you work are not interested in having you excellent film released to the global market and only want to reap profits from Box Office attendances. This to me and others makes no sense in view of advances in technology.

I am sure you are aware that movie theaters like dinosaurs are facing extinction, it is the era of wide screen plasma t.v’s and home movie systems.

How many DVD rental shops have closed their doors as people are renting movies on line like Google Movies where you pay for a pay per view event and not have to worry to return the DVD on time?

I am one of them.

Why should people attend movie theaters where you are packed in like sardines in a can when you can and pay for the privilege?
Why should we be told that you cannot vape in a movie theater, enjoy a beer or another alcoholic beverage when you watch a movie of your choice?
I make now apology when I say to hell with movie theaters and their owners and management

My family and I last attended a movie theatre when thefinal episode of Harry Potter was released and vowed never to go to a movie theatre again. People are not cattle to be herded in queues or corals. Nor do we appreciate being exposed to infectious diseases like the common cold that some sneezing and coughing person may have sitting next to us. Then one has to find parking and in our case pay for parking.

What is the difference in paying Box Office prices for Pay per View events on line. I am sure your Hollywood studios would reap the same profits especially if the pay for view event would be the same price as a Box Office admission price.

I am one who does not deliberately go out of my way to be rude to people but sometimes ‘Shock Therapy is needed’

That dear Aron, is why I say screw Hollywood. I also suspect that some of the studio owners have shares in tobacco companies and pharmaceutical companies that are bitterly opposed to e-cigarettes and therefore are implementing a policy that you mention. i.e. when they do the movie theatre rounds.

How many more people will die before they are allowed to view your excellent movie online in a method I mentioned above?

Profit before Human Life Aron?

Looks like an interesting doc. Gonna have to give it a looksee.

Thanks for the headsup

Early days I reckon. It's a money game all that film industry lark. They will probably try to peddle it in as many cinemas as they can get to buy it. Once that all dries up, I'm guessing they will release the dvd or more likely sell to a streaming service or two. That seem to be the usual plan of attack for film releases. I think It would be a great fit for Netflix, they have some cracking documentaries on there.

It's all a lot.of politics they have to release in so many theatres before they can be considered for awards and some tax breaks. It will end up on Netflix eventually without a doubt

It's all a lot.of politics they have to release in so many theatres before they can be considered for awards and some tax breaks. It will end up on Netflix eventually without a doubt
So true my friend, I love Netflix. What is interesting though is that this doco was ready when all the American hype with the FDA hit the fan. If this documentary is factual so excellent as those friends and aquaintances say it is, and I totally agree with you when you say POLITICS, that the release of this film was delayed and now our vaping cousings in America are suffering as the FDA legislation is hurting them and the vape vendors. America, the land of the FREE, not from what I see and read. The Ninny Nannies have got their broom sticks out and riding them had the witchy b,,,,,,chs.

Dates and Tickets available now.

• Odeon Manchester Printworks 6pm Wednesday October 26th <<<<Cancelled due to lack of support.
  • Odeon Preston 8.30pm Wednesday October 26th <<<<Cancelled due to lack of support.

• I believe the rest are still available with very little uptake.

• Odeon Glasgow Braehead 8.30pm Wednesday October 26th
  • Odeon Tamworth 8.30pm Tuesday November 1st
  • Odeon Worcester 6pm Tuesday November 1st
  • Odeon Lincoln Wharf 8.30pm Tuesday November 1st
  • Odeon Newark 6pm Thursday November 3rd
  • Odeon Bracknell 6pm Thursday November 3rd
  • Odeon Bristol 8.30pm Monday November 7th
  • Odeon Greenwich 6pm Wednesday November 16th
  • Odeon Hatfield 6pm Wednesday November 16th
Check Latest Availability Here – https://uk.demand.film/a

Please book your tickets now.

Last edited by a moderator:
《Sigh》When will movie producers learn that cinemas are rapidly becoming extinct...on line entertainment, Vido Tapes and DVD's are the way to go....None of my kids and now grandkids would consider going to a cinema. Give them a video game, a dvd or put on chrome cast movie on for them and they are quiet for hours. Socializing at Cinemas is getting to be very draconian. Yet put on a good movie on a wide screen tv invite your mates, byo drinks and steaks have a bbq and you have a laid back social event and no usher to tell you what you can or cannot do. Want to put yout feet up and relax fine.....want to fart fine...no one is embarrassed.
Want to go to the loo...dont have to climb over other grumbling members of the audience.

My vote is F.....k Cinemas.

With all due respect to Aron...if theatre owners thought his movie would be a box office hit they would be begging for it....obviously as far as movie buff consumers go....its a flop

Yes we vapers love it....but where is the support...I reserved tickets to at one proposed screening....cancelled due to lack of interest.....What's it take Aron to get it to sink into your head..People are interested in your production.....they just don't like the venue its presented through...

Let us examine recent cinema records....apart from Harry Potter how many other cinema box office smash hits have their been?

What is the longest a major production stayed at any cinema.

Yup,it needs to be on the internet,downloadable and DVD (maybe even Video,remember them) for people to purchase.
Smokers and Vapors have been banned from Pub`s,Cinemas Indoors and many places Outdoors too.How could they think a release at Cinemas only would work,really?

Back
Top Bottom