What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

WARNING - Trustfire TR-001 Charger

As mentioned in one of my posts, that "whine" only occurs if you drain the battery too much, fully charged my mod displays batteries as 4.1v, when they reach 3.5v I charge them and hear nothing, but if they drop to 3.4v they will whine when charging(only for the first 5-10 mins or so)

A friend of mine who is somewhat of an electronics guru gave me this little nugget of info many years ago: To increase battery life it's best to not run them flat between charges, charging with a little life left in the cells causes much less damage to the internal components - thus increasing the batterys life expectancy.

So I'd assume that the "whine" comes from the cell being almost completely drained and is a sign that you are harming the cell.(I could be wrong.. I know computers but batteries are one of those things that I just accept as "It works" or "It's dead")

;)

I have a TR001 which i bought from torchy. He claim's they're ok. When i was using it to charge 1 bat at a time it took about 8 1/2 hours for an 18500 -1600mah battery. During charge ,it, or the battery made a high pitched whine which i found a bit concerning. Other than that it works, A uk version too....As it should be.

Anyway, i bought an Efest LUC twin charger (From torchy again) & it's more efficient, no whining noise & i just about trust it.
Mine did that too, it used to annoy the hell out of me and drove my dogs crazy. I soon swopped it for xtars which have been nothing but awesome all the way.

As mentioned in one of my posts, that "whine" only occurs if you drain the battery too much, fully charged my mod displays batteries as 4.1v, when they reach 3.5v I charge them and hear nothing, but if they drop to 3.4v they will whine when charging(only for the first 5-10 mins or so)

A friend of mine who is somewhat of an electronics guru gave me this little nugget of info many years ago: To increase battery life it's best to not run them flat between charges, charging with a little life left in the cells causes much less damage to the internal components - thus increasing the batterys life expectancy.

So I'd assume that the "whine" comes from the cell being almost completely drained and is a sign that you are harming the cell.(I could be wrong.. I know computers but batteries are one of those things that I just accept as "It works" or "It's dead")

;)
mine used to whine all the time, even with no battery charging.

Yeah, mine get charged as soon a they about 3.6v. In the tr001 they whined on & on. I didn't notice it for about the first 2 or 3 charges, but after that....Yup. It is an odd thing to happen when it doesn't occur on other chargers, suggests the tr001 is the culprit. Weather or not it's an issue is another question.

I have to disagree with the "if it's got 'fire' in the title" statement. Generally speaking, the tr001 is a good charger. I've got a tr001 and been using it daily for almost a year now with not a single issue, and not one of the symptoms listed in this thread.

It got me thinking tho about the number of dodgy batteries there are and that chargers are no different in the fact that there are poorly manufactured clones. The trouble is that you can't tell the difference by looks.

One question tho about the OP. Was a uk travel adapter being used on a Chinese power lead?

clint no it was a 3 pin uk plug. I'm very weary about using yravel adapters on batt chargers. When I first started using my vamo it came with one. It constantly was sparking from the euro plug upon entry. Thats why I got the tr0001

Thanks for the information, I'll be more careful when choosing the charger.

Thanks for the information, I'll be more careful when choosing the charger.
Dunskey
try looking at the posts you are replying to before posting. This is 4 years old and most of your other posts are old news and 2-3 years old.

Dunskey
try looking at the posts you are replying to before posting. This is 4 years old and most of your other posts are old news and 2-3 years old.

sorry, did not look at the date. I'll be more careful next.

Back
Top Bottom