What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Urgent recall on VTC6 Cells

MrDJ

Legend
EU Issues a 'Serious' Risk Recall for counterfeit VTC6 Cells. Fogstar customers are not affected. Cells are from China by the looks of the generic widely used green box and the stickers to enable air shipping.
If you've purchased cells like below from any UK shop/distributor, stop using them immediately and contact who you purchased them from.
Once again, Fogstar customers are not affected.

107693395_2649756471947079_8040551241671140956_n.png
107693395_2649756471947079_8040551241671140956_n.png

Received Email from fogstar today

FAKE SONY VTC6 IN CIRCULATION

We’ve communicated with our customers extensively over the last 12 months regarding the ongoing battery shortage and the need to be vigilant for possible fake batteries.

Recently, Fogstar has been made aware of a possible number of fake VTC6 batteries in circulation.

It is important to note, these fake batteries have NOT been sold by Fogstar, we have simply been made aware of their existence by other retailers.

The unique identifier for these fake batteries is the barcode.

If you have any stock with the following barcode on the tube, please return them to the place you purchased them from immediately;

6 71072 07913 5

We are working closely with Trading Standards to understand the extent of this issue, although in the meantime, we ask you to remain vigilant when purchasing your batteries from alternative suppliers.

These W@@ker@ have no thought for anyone thats going to be using them. It could end up bad for someone :(

Found a mod i want which comes with an option to buy 2 Sony VT6 for an extra £10. I would use the offer but too concerned about the fakes out there.

Found a mod i want which comes with an option to buy 2 Sony VT6 for an extra £10. I would use the offer but too concerned about the fakes out there.
Just ask for the numbers from code on bats to check first, i would.

If it's a well established UK seller then I wouldn't worry too much, they can't afford to be selling dangerous fakes.

If it's one of these "I import stuff from china and sell it out of my flat" businesses I would be cautious.

Back
Top Bottom