What's new

the dangers of fake cells and ****fire cells in general.

Great post mate. A lot of people are so very blase about batteries, and don't realise just how dangerous they can be. I have been involved in using high performance batteries for 20 years in RC modelling, and I have seen a nicad pack blow when it was incorrectly charged. Not an experience I would wish to relive as the person the pack belonged to ended up in hospital.

What really gets my goat though, is the anti-smoking industry and their lapdogs in the MSM seem to be trying to use dodgy batteries as an excuse to demonize e-cigs yet they don't get stuck into all the dodgy laptop/phone batteries/USB chargers that keep going bang.

On a slightly different vein, but well worth the watch...

Last edited by a moderator:
And.... to that I would say, the packaging is the easiest part to fake. It is a paper box with a logo printed on it.

you can say whatever you want, whether it's the easiest part to fake or not. the fact of the matter is that every fake i've seen the box hasn't been up to scratch and has been a giveaway that the product isn't genuine. even recent things like the protank my friend bought a couple of weeks ago. i'm not going to argue with you any more as it is like pissing into the wind, you seem to find it too hard to grasp that despite it being the easiest part to fake, many clones have details overlooked or try to use the cheapest methods possible resulting in an inferior product all round.

here are some links to guides on spotting fakes, you'll notice the packaging plays a big part in all of them.

How to Spot Counterfeit Products: 7 Steps (with Pictures)

KNOWHOW | How to tell the difference between real and fake Dr Dre Beats products

How to Spot Fake Uggs: 9 Things to Check Before Buying

Buying genuine Sony Batteries and avoiding fakes | eBay

Learn How to Spot Fake Rechargeable Batteries

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom