What's new

RAPEX RECALL - Special Smoke Eliquids - Avellano 16mg

Colonelboom

Vendor
Web Filter

EU recall notice for Special Smoke juices due to non child proof caps, relevant warnings and tactile symbol. The nic levels were 17.5mg and not the 16mg as labelled.

8mg in the same flavour is also a little over 11mg (numbers 7 and 31 in the list)

Lack of childproofing is something I have been seeing much of lately though and it is quite worrying, some brands are not using any form of childproof caps on their bottles just for the sake of using fancy packaging or cutting costs and are handing the case against ecigs right into the hands of the lawmakers.

If you have any of this liquid you should contact your supplier for a replacement.

*Also, I tried to post this in the recalls forum but there was no post new topic button.*

Last edited:
Thanks for the information.. It is a big mistake by the company as the e-cig must be childproof..Fortunately I have not got that e-cig yet..

Web Filter

EU recall notice for Special Smoke juices due to non child proof caps, relevant warnings and tactile symbol. The nic levels were 17.5mg and not the 16mg as labelled.

8mg in the same flavour is also a little over 11mg (numbers 7 and 31 in the list)

Lack of childproofing is something I have been seeing much of lately though and it is quite worrying, some brands are not using any form of childproof caps on their bottles just for the sake of using fancy packaging or cutting costs and are handing the case against ecigs right into the hands of the lawmakers.

If you have any of this liquid you should contact your supplier for a replacement.

*Also, I tried to post this in the recalls forum but there was no post new topic button.*
Moved it for you, cheers for the headsup :)

Looks like a 5ml bottle and exactly why "sample bottles" might quickly go into extinction, as you're hard pressed to comply with CLP/CHIP and have all relevant information on such a small bottle.

Looks like a 5ml bottle and exactly why "sample bottles" might quickly go into extinction, as you're hard pressed to comply with CLP/CHIP and have all relevant information on such a small bottle.

Nothing to stop you using a 10ml bottle half filled or empty depending whether your the optimist or pessimist though !

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

Nothing to stop you using a 10ml bottle half filled or empty depending whether your the optimist or pessimist though !

Costs more to do that. It's cheaper just to send out a 10ml bottle.

If you put in 5ml then you need a label that states it has 5ml in it, which is more printing costs, and you have to train/pay staff to tell the difference between 5 and 10ml and put the right labels on the right bottles, and not put the 5ml fill in the stock box for 10ml by mistake....

Most of the cost of a bottle of liquid is eaten up in labour costs for filling, packaging costs, and the insurance premiums for PLI.

It's good to see some manufacturers that are doing stuff wrong being made to recall.

RAPEX comes from RAPid EXchange (of information about dodgy goods between EU member states) though they could have picked a better name.

Back
Top Bottom