What's new

PRODUCT RECALL! Trustfire Chargers TR-001

The info provided is the info available, to my understanding it is the Unit.

Bugger! there's me thinking I can just swap the cable over.
I am going to leave this on my desk at work and wait for it to be pat tested before I throw it away.

Bugger! there's me thinking I can just swap the cable over.
I am going to leave this on my desk at work and wait for it to be pat tested before I throw it away.

hmmm thats not what the recall suggests but :P you've been warned! lol

i have ordered me a new charger just in case ...better to be on the safe side :) Plus I'm lost without my pipe lol

My charger exploded in my face yesterday it wasn't the unit it's self it was the cable near the connection to the unit. I got the fright of my life what a bang and this red powdery stuff all over the place. These are not safe anyone using one should really think about changing it. If i wasn't in my house at the time I'm sure it would of went on fire.

I have contacted totally wicked about it and are going to send me a new charger.

pictures of the cable after the explosion

2014-03-18 17.38.31.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
and the test results are IN.

Please note these apply to the chargers I was selling - and do not apply to every last TF001 out there.

I got a TrustFire TR001 (batch code 4001828315 106695887688) PAT tested, along with a proper BS 3pin 3A fused UK 3-pin plug figure 8 cable.

Both passed.

I've also checked that the charger isn't supplying power to batteries once they hit the right charge and as far as I can tell once the LED goes green they stop supplying power to the battery.

Here are some snaps of a naked TF001

071s.jpg072s.jpg

The PCB is dated 15th Feb 2013 - there is a safety fuse inside (F1) and a voltage selector switch.

I'm as sure as I can be that these are genuine Trustfire chargers, and that they are safe to use.

Here's a snap of the PAT label affixed to said TF001

076s.jpg

Please note that if your Trustfire charger does not have a hologram sticker attached to it:

sticker.jpg

then it is very likely a fake.

Bottom line is this:

I am 99.99999999% sure that the Trustfire TR001 chargers we sold are safe to use. They are not the greatest charger in the world by any means. However if you have a genuine one, they aren't going to catch fire used properly.

Used properly means using a suitable British Standard compliant mains cable, and using Lithium batteries in them ONLY.

We don't sell these chargers anymore. We don't sell them because there are much better ones available for similar money.

The best chargers around right now are XTar or NiteCore as far as I know and I would strongly recommend either of those rather than a TF001.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom