Batch number/Barcode: Bar code: 6 956990 500010
OECD Portal Category: 78000000 - Electrical Supplies
Description: Black battery charger.
Country of origin: China
2014-w2_14498-1s.jpg
2014-w2_14498-2s.jpg
Risk:
Electric shock
The electrical insulation is not sufficient.
The product does not comply with the Low Voltage Directive and the relevant European standard EN 60335.
Voluntary measures:Withdrawal of the product from the market,
Recall of the product from end users,
Destruction of the product

http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/safet...m?event=main.weeklyOverview&web_report_id=850

Uh-oh! I've got one of those, although I don't use it any more I'd kept it as a backup. I'll be checking it when I get home!

I gave my old one to my g/f when i upgraded to an Xtar about 18 months ago. Only last week I upgraded her too coincidentally

The tr001 is an old design too, I have a tr008 constantly plugged in in the garage ready for big cells (18650 to 32650) but ot came from torchy the battery boy with a uk lead, I also have a tr006 for big cells and an xtar wp2 ii that is my go anywhere charger in my daysack.

If your vaping, considering the use a charger will get its worth spending a bit, of most worry are the fold out pin chargers that need a plug adaptor to use in the uk, bif anyone has these, buy a half decent charger as soon as and bin them, their a fire hazzard.

I use one of these should I be taking it back to where I bought it?

A little worried as its my only charger

I have charger at home that I use for AA and AAA batteries ( it can take other sizes as well as 9v ) my question is, could I use it for my 18650's and 18350's? or will I have to buy another charger especially for these batteries

Just for knowledge, these also came in white/grey(ish) color too. So make sure to check the model on the bottom of the charger.

trustfire-charger-for-all-18650-14500-16340.jpg

I've got two of these that I bought from a vendor here in the UK one for me and one for my son....My units are white though "still the same model TR-001" ....I've sent an e-mail to then to enquire as to whether these are safe or not....

Interesting. I mean, alarming, but also interesting.

If anyone has one of these and there's no prospect of returning it to the vendor, I have a use for them, that doesn't involve using it for charging batteries, and does involve destruction of the product. I'd be happy to refund your postage.

I don't need to be snowed under with the things, though, so PM me first. I'll edit this post accordingly, if and when I have enough of them... :)

Back
Top Bottom