POTV - Your vaping community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Why not sign up today!

Register

Oh dear ...... Potential Wismec Predator 510 problem

Discussion in 'Product Recalls and General Safety Notices' started by Donald Trump's fister, Apr 21, 2017.

1. Stotty162

Stotty162 New Member

Been in touch with wismec regarding mine, they've had me take a load of pictures to see what the damage is as well as purchase info and authenticity scratch sticker, will post what is said from them so you guys know whats going on

2. peegore

peegore Postman

I will be speaking to SR vapes today. As it happens, I chickened out of buying the Predator, paid some extra moula and bought a Thinkvape Finder 167 DNA250.

One day later, the Finder 167 is showing "Check Battery" with fully charged batteries in, and when plugged it into Evolv on the laptop it is showing Cell 1 ( of 2 ) is 0 volts. In other words, out of one frying pan...into another! Balls.

ANYHOW, when I talk to Steven at SR Vapes about the Finder 167, I'll ask what reply he has been given regarding the Predator. He's still got them on sale on the website, so wondering if he's been given the green light to keep selling.

3. Major Hazzard

Major Hazzard Postman

SR vapes have posted on FB that the only issue is with pre-production models.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Stotty162

Stotty162 New Member

They've stated that it is pre production only to me but i am avoiding the predator again as i don't fancy another issue, gonna swap it for a smok alien, i had one originally which was stolen n i never had an issue with it so goin back to that soon as th shop guy gets back in touch :-)

5. Maniac

Maniac Postman

When i saw a vid first i could not believe my eyes. Actually, i liked that Predator design more than even RX 2/3 (yeah, i`m that strange typo guy) and looking at its problems (510 connector, missfire and battery cap opening from time to time) makes me want to cry.

Any other good alternatives for an everyday mod i see only sigelei fuchai and evic primo.

The design though...

• Like Like x 1
  6. Locky

Locky New Member

I had 2 Wismec Predators and both broke. Now on my trusty Smok Alien and (touch wood) has been fantastic and cannot fault it.

7. crustyfolker

crustyfolker Achiever

Had no problems with my Predator, Smok Aliens are way worse for problems the amount of peoples who Aliens have died, or set on fire is more so than any other mod i know of, But both mods are pretty inexpensive so you get what you pay for really and can't expect them to last for to long.. For better value around the same price get a Pioneer4you mod like the IPV8 or a voopoo drag

8. moff000

moff000 Postman

Wismec mods are normally fine with a short thread base on a tank. Problems start when you use a longer thread. Wismec only offer a guarantee if you use their own tanks with their mods IIRC. On the back of that and previous problems with 2 different mods i won't buy anything else from them. Build quality on the 2/3 was crap IMO. Shame really as i do like some of their mods.
    Horses for courses and all that.

9. Sp3ckyh0td0g81

Sp3ckyh0td0g81 Achiever

Been looking at the predator did they ever recall it or confirm if the 510 issue was on the pre production models ?