What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Nitecore DigiCharger (D4) possible recall.

JustDave

Honorary Moderator
Just seen on FB that there has been some kind of a recall on these chargers.

Details are very vague and it seems that Nitecore UK are currently unaware.

Nitecore D4 Digi Charger Recall | Electrical Safety First

Will update further as I have more.

Might be worth putting them to one side until things are cleared up.

Sent from my iPad using Planet of the Vapes

Thanks for the heads up Dave. I've got one of those, been using it for a while now but luckily just got another charger the other day so at least I'm not stuck without a charger till we know a bit more. Your link just says risk of electric shock due to inadequate construction. I'll have a look at it tonight and see if I can tell what they're on about.

Warning's been updated - some mention of counterfeit products - "Worldwide" printed as "Worldwidc" on packaging, fwiw.

Updates seem to suggest a fake product is the issue. ImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes1430144577.414949.jpg

ImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes1430144593.894997.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Planet of the Vapes

Surely the EU should have mentioned it was fake units they were putting the safety warning out for, pretty poor effort imo, if i was Nitecore i would have something to say as this could have potential to really dent sales of the genuine item.

I think this is relating to a fake copy. If you got yours from a reputable dealer should be safe but as posted above check the spelling

Sent from my iPhone using Planet of the Vapes

Thankfully and unusually I think I've still got the packaging, ill check when I get home. I got it from a vendor I trust though so I'm not too worried.

I wonder what the actual problems are with the effected clones?

Bought mine off EBay which was a fair risk of being fake, but luck has it, it's genuine.

Back
Top Bottom