What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

News article - Eliquid Storage

Vapingmonkey

Postman
Hi Guys

so just saw this news article

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ine-poisoning-chewing-owners-e-cigarette.html

and this morning I have had to speak to several people I have "converted" to vaping, because they now believe that Vape kit is an instrument of death after reading this article, when common sense and logic say otherwise

I think more people need to be educated about e-liquid, its storage and the dangers associated with incorrect storage.

For example

all eliquid should have child proof caps and should be stored in a safe place out of the reach of children and animals
this would include any filled atomizers etc

any ingestion of Nicotine is dangerous, it can take the consumption of 1 cigarette to make a child ill

I feel it is important to clarify the difference between inhaling and ingesting nicotine

Inhaling works on your respiratory system
Ingesting works on your digestive system

While both will eventually reach your blood stream, digesting is alot quicker and therefore more dangerous.

So to sum up

Please keep your e-liquid and pre-filled tanks/clearos/atomizers out of the reach of children and animals

A little knowledge can stop the scaremongering and possibly save lives

I keep mine in a drawer in a chest on top of a bookcase in a room my cats can't get into. It's the only way! :D

If you have dogs, you also have to keep chocolate safe and secure. It can easily kill a dog. But that doesn't mean it is sold as a dangerous article. I am glad I no longer have a puppy or dog at home.... my cat is only interested if it contains bacon....

If you have dogs, you also have to keep chocolate safe and secure. It can easily kill a dog. But that doesn't mean it is sold as a dangerous article. I am glad I no longer have a puppy or dog at home.... my cat is only interested if it contains bacon....

My cats aren't bothered about bacon but go apeshit for ham. Hmmm ham... :D

Hi Guys

so just saw this news article

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ine-poisoning-chewing-owners-e-cigarette.html

and this morning I have had to speak to several people I have "converted" to vaping, because they now believe that Vape kit is an instrument of death after reading this article, when common sense and logic say otherwise

I think more people need to be educated about e-liquid, its storage and the dangers associated with incorrect storage.

For example

all eliquid should have child proof caps and should be stored in a safe place out of the reach of children and animals
this would include any filled atomizers etc

any ingestion of Nicotine is dangerous, it can take the consumption of 1 cigarette to make a child ill

I feel it is important to clarify the difference between inhaling and ingesting nicotine

Inhaling works on your respiratory system
Ingesting works on your digestive system

While both will eventually reach your blood stream, digesting is alot quicker and therefore more dangerous.

So to sum up

Please keep your e-liquid and pre-filled tanks/clearos/atomizers out of the reach of children and animals

A little knowledge can stop the scaremongering and possibly save lives

Strange they don't say the same thing about Ciggies ... considering there actually HAVE been child deaths from eating them ...

we are all morally reprehensible puppy killers now!
We should all be rounded up and sent to live out our immorally long lives with speakers feeding the sound of people coughing loudly and animals dying horrible deaths!

The pics clearly show it was chocolate flavored e juice. Everyone knows chocolate is toxic to dogs.

Can we stop chasing this thread around, It was covered in 3 threads yesterday- I think we can all agree on the following -

1, The bloke is an arse for leaving E-liquid where it could be reached by a puppy
2, We all know about the labeling, storage and dangers of E-liquid
3, Staffies no matter how young and cute are insane chewing machines
5, We're all kind of bored with this now
6, Where the flying frog buggery did number 4 go to

I found it @Tubbyengineer - it was sitting by my sink...

4. Use a couple of new icons on bottles for the completely fuckwitted, as well as the one with a dead fish on it:

Dog.jpeg
reach2.jpeg

See! No need to panic - I had it all along! :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom