What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Misrepresented mAh Ego Batteries

But the legit ones (with eGo written on them) aren't usually sold at bargain basement prices on market stalls. My point was more about cut price manufacturers dressing up something cheap to make it look like something expensive.

The evidence on this thread speaks for itself really. But at the end of the day, it comes down to the old cliches: "buy cheap, buy twice" & "if it looks too good to be true, it probably is".

I'm quite happy with my 2 "plain clothes" batteries. They last for ages & are still in their early stages (rechargeable batteries take a few cycles to get up to their full capacity).

(I always discharge batteries properly before recharging anyway, despite what people say about modern batteries it is a fact that all rechargeable dry cell batteries have a certain amount of memory, & "topping up" should be kept to a minimum wherever possible).

Strange how both of mine came to me almost fully charged, usually new batteries need charging. :6:

Im really shocked by this thread! See so many people now days buying cheap egos from markets and places and they give vaping such a bad rep (blowing up bats etc) no wonder why! Justifys my spending on mods atleast ;)

Sent from my C6603 using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

If we were buying cheap, I'd agree, but many of these batteries are being sold at really high prices. The one I included in the thread starter was bought as a blister pack in the market with one CE4, charger and bottle of juice for £20.

Traders in this stuff are specifically targeting first-timers who do the maths for a moment and figure - 3 days' smoking and it's paid for itself, so why not? They don't realise they're being fleeced for crap.

If the thing had been priced £4.99 for the set, then I'd have got no more than I deserved, but it cost more than the component parts would have been even from an overpriced high street vape shop

Back
Top Bottom