What's new

Fake vtc4???

Rootkali

Hey guys I am really worried right now. I bought some vtc4 wich seemed to be real but then i unwrapped them and noticed something
29127oz.jpg
dm8hl4.jpg
29xiys6.jpg
2hy8opj.jpg
2cs9q2f.jpg
2yjx354.jpg

Notice the well at the positive pin? Also the serial numbers from both batteries where the same. The QR codes where different tho

Hmm, looks strange to me. Just checking my pictures of all the batches ive had over the last 6 months to see if ive had anything similar. There has been some tooling changes at murata who make the cells under the Sony name. Heading back to the office soon. Ill take a look!

Hmm, looks strange to me. Just checking my pictures of all the batches ive had over the last 6 months to see if ive had anything similar. There has been some tooling changes at murata eho make the cells under the Sony name. Heading back to the office soon. Ill take a look!
Alright thanks

Last edited:
I guess they where removed from a battery pack but can i still use them?

ALL 18650's are supposed to be used in 'a pack' that's what they are designed for. ... some LG's have a similar warning now too.

I'd expect they are genuine just from the fact the print is on the cell not the wrapper, normally on fakes they don't look this good .. but wait to see what Fogstar says.

was the black insulator sticky or just 'floating' under the wrap?

ALL 18650's are supposed to be used in 'a pack' that's what they are designed for. ... some LG's have a similar warning now too.

I'd expect they are genuine just from the fact the print is on the cell not the wrapper, normally on fakes they don't look this good .. but wait to see what Fogstar says.

was the black insulator sticky or just 'floating' under the wrap?
Was loose sitting on there

Back
Top Bottom