What's new

Argos UK Recalls bunch of devices (Smok and Innokin)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You may have seen that a UK retailer has made a decision to recall 3 vaping devices it supplies to their customers ( X Priv, Proton and Mag Kits). We would like to clarify that the reason for this is only to do with the external batteries that have been supplied as an extra item and has nothing at all to do with the vaping device. The retailer received information that Samsung, as do Sony and LG have notifications on their respective websites that their batteries are NOT SUITABLE FOR USE WITH VAPING DEVICES and as a result of this took the precautionary decision to recall these devices as they were sold with Samsung batteries. We hope this helps clarify the matter and provides confidence that this is not a device issue but a battery one.
I have no idea about the recall. Just putting the message out there so people know to stop using there devices and send them back.

I have no idea about the recall. Just putting the message out there so people know to stop using there devices and send them back.
The issue is the batteries, not the devices. Other than Molicell, no battery manufacturer recommends their use in vape mods. Argos have taken the decision based on manufacturers possibly suing them for supplying batteries unfit for purpose.

The issue is the batteries, not the devices. Other than Molicell, no battery manufacturer recommends their use in vape mods. Argos have taken the decision based on manufacturers possibly suing them for supplying batteries unfit for purpose.

I can’t find any evidence they ever supplied 18650s tho.

That's the puzzling bit, but the only thing that makes sense. If it had been one brand/model then other vendors would also be reacting (one would hope).
Haven't seen a listing for these as Argos isn't my first port of call, but if they even recommended Samsung etc, then they would /could have left themselves open to legal action.
I've not seen anything else relating to these mods regarding them being unsafe.

They were paired with 25R's. At least the Proton kit was.

Yes, I know this now. But Argos want back not only the batteries but the devices too.

Cant see what all the fuss is about. If you purchased just take no notice and carry on using it with the 25r's or just go to 18650uk or fogstar and buy batteries you feel comfortable using, simple

This must be frustrating for innokin.
They avoided allowing the end user to have anything to do with the battery for years until vapers demanded it.
Small fuss but it looks bad.

I didn't realise that Argos sold vape gear.
That's the last place I'd go looking.

This must be frustrating for innokin.
They avoided allowing the end user to have anything to do with the battery for years until vapers demanded it.
Small fuss but it looks bad.

Did you see there's new markings coming on LG's (I think it was LG), more warnings about them not being designed for consumers and something like "if you can read this warning do not use this battery" reinforcing that they are supposed to be sealed inside a 'pack'.. Mooch was posting about it here and there.

I wonder if the anti vape mob might start agitating in the area of batteries?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom