What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Argos UK Recalls bunch of devices (Smok and Innokin)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaz11223

Postman
Just came across this Argos page which states that a number of there Innokin and Smok devices and batteries are a danger and should be returned immediately for a full refund.

Link to a screenshot in case the page gets removed: http://prntscr.com/nrmxw7

Link to the Argos recall page: https://www.argos.co.uk/events/safety-product-recalls

Edit: Just passing on a message for people to be aware of. I'm NOT trying to create any drama. It seems that the batteries sold with the devices (25r's to my knowledge) are either unsafe or people are misusing them. It also seems like they're taking the mods in as well to be on the safe side. But again, I don't know the full story and I'm only speculating with the information we have.

Last edited:
phew - luckily none of the above applies to me
but mega fanx for spotting & forwarding the info with screenshots etc.....
once again thanks for the info and fellow apes please pass this on

Thanks for posting mate same as above none applies to me but i do no someone who did buy a mod from them so will tell them thanks again mate .......

I'm doing a piece about this and would welcome any input from people who have purchased one of these kits - especially if they have firsthand experience of the issue.

Waiting to hear back from the various press offices, I suspect I won't get much as I'm willing to bet it is an issue with people popping cheap and nasty 18650s into a mod capable of 225W.

Any info -> [email protected]

Cheers :)

Ha! I sent a whole stack of questions to Argos/Sainsbury's.

I got this: "An Argos spokesperson said, 'We have identified the battery sold with certain Smok X and Innokin E-cigarettes are not compatible. We haven’t received any complaints but aren’t willing to take any risks and so we are asking customers to return them for a full refund. We’re sorry for any inconvenience this may cause'."

The notices ask for the devices to be returned, not the batteries.

While it makes sense for the devices to be returned, they should make it clear the batteries are more important.

The notices ask for the devices to be returned, not the batteries.

While it makes sense for the devices to be returned, they should make it clear the batteries are more important.

The don't sell or supply 18650s tho

there was a bit about this on fb the other day,think it is to do with included batteries then them pretty much finding out that no company other than molicell wants their cells used with vapes, protecting themselves from any lawsuits I'd imagine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom