What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

youtube is ecig biased

I think this is it...

Portrayal of Smokeless Tobacco in YouTube Videos

Study done in 2010 so that probably explains the limited search terms used.

Apologies for dredging up an older thread folks: the study in question is more likely to be this one by the University of Arizona

Portrayal of electronic cigarettes on YouTube

However, I had barely started to read it when I got to the following paragraph heading and realised that their findings will be somewhat skewed:

"Methods
Researchers identified the top 20 search results on YouTube by relevance and view count for the following search terms: “electronic cigarettes”, “e-cigarettes”, “ecigarettes”, “ecigs”, “smoking electronic cigarettes”, “smoking e-cigarettes”, “smoking ecigarettes”, “smoking ecigs”. "

They forgot to use one very important search term ....

"Vaping"

I've been aimlessly wandering about ye olde youtube and soon realised that some of the "studies"analyzing the prevalence of vaping on there do insist that the term SMOKING is used, thus rendering their results utter bollocks.

I suspect non-smokers have always found it irritating to be referred to as a non-smoker.

Back
Top Bottom