What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

YouGov up to its usual tricks

I suppose the results are expected when you quite reasonably include non-smokers in the poll.

Probably best to look for the comedic value in some of the stats... 1% not sure if they've ever smoked and 3% don't know if they're using an e-cig.

Looks like it is upper class women that vote lib dem and conservative that we need to convert.

Can anyone tell me how the weighting works on these things?

Seems that even after 1000's of years of civilisation, and 1000's of historical incidents of persecution, "picking on the different guy" is still one of humanities favourite hobbies.
It's a trait that is easily used by folks wishing to achieve their goals without a need for evidence and fact. As somebody said in the comments section of the article, vapers are one of the few minorities left that are open to humanities persecution desires (well, here in the western world, at least).
I am sure that if e-cigs had never existed, but e-caffeine ( which some high flying young executive would have branded as e-tea ) had become popular, then all of the same anti shit would be coming from the Coffee industry, ie they'd be using peoples prejudices as a way to stop the competition and keep the cash in their pockets.

Last edited:
Seems that even after 1000's of years of civilisation, and 1000's of historical incidents of persecution, "picking on the different guy" is still one of humanities favourite hobbies.
It's a trait that is easily used by folks wishing to achieve their goals without a need for evidence and fact. As somebody said in the comments section of the article, vapers are one of the few minorities left that are open to humanities persecution desires (well, here in the western world, at least).
I am sure that if e-cigs had never existed, but e-caffeine ( which some high flying young executive would have branded as e-tea ) had become popular, then all of the same anti shit would be coming from the Coffee industry, ie they'd be using peoples prejudices as a way to stop the competition and keep the cash in their pockets.

I agree. The prejudiced think the bigoted are low life scum.

The poll was paid for by smokefreesouthwest apparently. . And since they chose where to publish and promote it thereby picking their own target audience it's no wonder that they got the results they wanted. .. have voted in 2 polls for the smoking ban in outdoor parks etc both of which got a majority for allowing smoking outdoors whereas this poll slipped under my radar completely. . And found the opposite. .. I believe that most people don't care if we smoke outdoors or vape indoors but this poll was targeted at a minority who feel all smokers and vapers should be shot at dawn.. so completely unsurprising results. ..

Some of the comments on there.
8994.gif

I'll never understand the people that argue "with your health in mind." to smokers and even vapers.
The number of people that are dying due to war, disease, poverty, famine, the number of homeless, abused, suicidal, down-trodden and desperate people in the World, and saving someone from nicotine is your personal fucking calling in life.

Say it for what it is; "There are laws which stop me from descriminating against all the other "different" people, these days, but not you. And while I'm at it, what are those tattoos going to look like when you are older?"

You'll never know!

headshot_gif.gif

Back
Top Bottom