What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Will vapers decide the Eu referendum vote?

The Poll they refer to seems to show vapers are very laid back (or apathetic). Only 57% of vapers had an opinion on TRPRegs?
What was it, only something like 2% of estimated UK vapers bothered to sign the Abzed petition?
I know this thread is about EU referendum but why do vapers seem not to care enough to raise their voices?

Everyday "normal" vapers probably have little idea of what's happening. They want something to keep them off the fags, simple as that.

Those of us who frequent forums probably make up less than 5% of total UK vapers.

To the majority of people, anything that is seen to persecute smokers is a good thing. Unfortunately for us, vaping is lumped in with it.

The fact is pretty basic - what we care for passionately is something not many others give a tinkers cuss about.

Voting in or our based purely on one's stance on TPD is an idiotic thing to do, unless you own a vape shop. I care about vaping, I just care about other things much more.

Voting in or our based purely on one's stance on TPD is an idiotic thing to do, unless you own a vape shop. I care about vaping, I just care about other things much more.
I care too. i care about people paying £120 a month more rent because they can't get a council house and have to rent private. I care that the UK hiked VAT to 20% because we give more money to the EU than we get back. I care that The NHS is being underfunded because of the money we give away to EU. I care that we have no control over our borders, we have to abide by rules made by unelected people. I care that the EU is on the verge of collapse and we will be forced to help bail it out which will leave the UK in a far greater mess than voting out.
Whatever monetry argument can be made to remain can be offset by what we keep if we leave. I believ there are a few good points to remain but they are not more than to leave. what will happen when another 3 million EU citizens come to the UK to live over time? where is the housing coming from and the space to build on. The space is needed to also grow and rear livestock to eat etc.
We need to be in charge of our own affairs. Would you want someone who you lived by but didn't know telling you what you can do in your own home, what you can watch on your TV, what clothes you have to wear etc. answer is NO but you would rather UK's neighbours tell it what to do is the easiest way to make sense of it.
At least if we come out of the EU we can have a say every 5 years on who makes the rules like you can move house if you need to andyou own it.
Each to their own vote i agree but i have a suspicion that if we remain the EU will only penalize us for having a referendum anyway and when the EU gets into real money trouble we will really struggle to help bail it out and while keeping our own country in a good state we already are paying for it with all the cutbacks. The only way to get the UK out of it's debt is to leave keep hold of the money we give to the EU and use it to make money to get out of austerity.
No point in having a life if you have nothing to enjoy, no where to live and no money to do anything.
The EU is corrupt in my opinion

Is that what is going to happen if UK leaves EU?
That's a good question, only the EU or gov can tell you the truth oh hang on they won't do that though so there's no point in asking. Good try though. There definately won't be no housing left soon if we remain that's a fact

That's a good question, only the EU or gov can tell you the truth oh hang on they won't do that though so there's no point in asking. Good try though. There definately won't be no housing left soon if we remain that's a fact
I'm not asking the EU Govt, I'm asking you.

Before you type a lengthy reply, keep in mind that I'm just stirring shit because I'm bored. I'm not actually interested in changing anyone's mind, I understand why people vote leave, I just don't agree with it that's all. Either way, it is your DUTY to make your voice heard so make sure you vote for whatever you believe.

Now people who don't vote at all - those are the real baddies.

Last edited:

Before you type a lengthy reply, keep in mind that I'm just stirring shit because I'm bored. I'm not actually interested in changing anyone's mind, I understand why people vote leave, I just don't agree with it that's all. Either way, it is your DUTY to make your voice heard so make sure you vote for whatever you believe.

Now people who don't vote at all - those are the real baddies.

I had guessed that may be the case. for me I just don't see the point in staying in a relationship where you are controlled. I feel the same, vote for what you believe to be right ( democratic), I just can't understand why people would prefer to remain in when it don't work as it is undemocratic. I saw the debate on BBC earlier and it did seem more people wanted out when Boris spoke at the end.
Also the Conservatives only got in because they offered people the referendum which would also suggest more people want out.
What i find bad is all those who say people are racist or similar because they want out. It's not the EU migrants at fault it is the EU laws that cause the problems. Anyway we will soon find out wether we remain or leave

I had guessed that may be the case. for me I just don't see the point in staying in a relationship where you are controlled. I feel the same, vote for what you believe to be right ( democratic), I just can't understand why people would prefer to remain in when it don't work as it is undemocratic. I saw the debate on BBC earlier and it did seem more people wanted out when Boris spoke at the end.
Also the Conservatives only got in because they offered people the referendum which would also suggest more people want out.
What i find bad is all those who say people are racist or similar because they want out. It's not the EU migrants at fault it is the EU laws that cause the problems. Anyway we will soon find out wether we remain or leave

I don't really see how EU is undemocratic that's all. But that's only because I had a chance to experience some USSR during childhood. All I'm saying is that this seemingly undemocratic EU is not as bad as people make it out to be.

Back
Top Bottom