What's new

wigan council

I was coerced into shouting at the radio newsreader(again)the other day,as he managed to read out(without laughing)that the Social Services are discussing "placing children in to care,for being OBESE!" FFS,as if this bloody country didn't have enough nanny-state attitudes already.

That now makes me think again, could it be that vaping might pose some threat to the food industry ? All those flavours we're enjoying without even taking a bite. I have to admit that after my post 'give up smoking' junk food binging ended i've eaten far less rubbish. That's just me of course but there's a point to be made. I don't need say, a packet of custard cream biscuits when i can vape my fave' vanilla custard & so on.
Sugar goes to the brain first (Loosely speaking) & like any addictive substance it satisfies a craving. Well to be honest, after quitting smokes, sugar is a piece of piss to kick for most of it. It's totally related to the obese problem in western culture too.
My OH is always scoffing on sweet stuff, jaffa cakes, biscuits , choc bars, cookies etc. I even witnessed her eating 2/3 of a jar of nutella the other night. I used to eat packs of sweets & chocolate & cakes too but since i've been vaping, nope ! Seriously, i just ignore confectionery & the like now.
In fairness i stopped buying bagged sugar over a year ago after deciding that no matter what i do, i will not be able to avoid the stuff anyway & so why make things worse. A friend came to lunch recently & she brought a bag of white sugar with her because she knows i don't keep any in. Weird to feel embarrassed because i don't have sugar to offer in tea & coffee. Now there's a pot of it sitting there near the kettle & i just look at it with contempt.

I quit using sugar in my drinks and replaced it with sweeteners as(what's left of) my teeth are in reasonable condition despite the years of being too scared to attend a dentist,but I was getting toothache after drinking coffee/tea with sugar.Since I ceased using sugar in my drinks,the toothache has fucked off to annoy someone else.

I suppose there are valid reasons for placing Sugar under a strict control and tax regime.. as anyone who's had to sit through The Apprentice could probably confirm.

I've noticed that since starting vaping, I no longer need my plastic box of chocolate treats in the van, my sweet tooth is both reflected by and satisfied by my vapibg habits. I stopped having sugar in my coffee when I started working at 14. I'm 34 now, I cannot even abide a sugar covered spoon in my brew, and toni doesn't use sugar in her drinks either. Net result is sugar partakers have to go without if they want a brew at our house.

I've certainly lost weight since starting vaping, dropped back to the 32" waist I was at 18.

No wonder we're under fire, we're fucking over the government, big tobacco, big pharma, the food industry and having a hell of a time doing it.

We are utter utter bastards! How dare us find a way to get ourselves healthy....

I quit using sugar in my drinks and replaced it with sweeteners as(what's left of) my teeth are in reasonable condition despite the years of being too scared to attend a dentist,but I was getting toothache after drinking coffee/tea with sugar.Since I ceased using sugar in my drinks,the toothache has fucked off to annoy someone else.

Yeah its me!!!!
So could you start to take sugar again Chegs otherwise I will employ Linda Mc as a kissogram girl and send her to yours.
You have 10 secs to answer ......... so do you feel lucky? .......Do you?

:sinister:

:rofl: Linda Mac would be politely told she can go earn her kissogram fee kissing the dangerous end of a howitzer.

Sent by lazer from just north of the world's largest nuclear dustbin

Back
Top Bottom