What's new

wigan council

Yeah I saw that in today's paper they want to levy a heavy tax on sugar and that's what I keep telling people who don't think the TPD matters - I say will it matter to you when it's sugar or caffeine they ban or decide to tax heavily

Sent from my HTC One X using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

Thats the frustration I'm feeling, its not just the vaping, its whats next? How much do we give up before people finally click that these pricks will take and take and take without giving fuck all.

The sad thing is that most will believe the crap the fish and chip wrappers feed them, not seek out their pwn information and just let it all happen

Anyone think that this is an attempt to recover their lost earnings from reduced tobacco sales? Drive people away from electronic vaporisers back to smoking,and to compensate for those that manage to quit nicotine usage,they slap the "bedroom tax" on folks just to make up the shortfall.Every tosser led tory government in my (poor)memory has found a way to penalise the poorer members of society(as these generally can't finance a fight-back)In fact,every government in my memory has snuck in some extra taxation.

More misinformed shit. Even this kind of stuff makes me angry. At lest we can still have needles on christmas trees !

There is a whole industry modelled around the control and regulation of substances that can be deemed to be harmful in any way.

The tobacco control industry has had a 30 year period of uninterupted finger wagging and propaganda, getting progressively more puritanical and justifying their existence by engaging in one large 'circle jerk' with the health industry and charitable organisations that have served to provide them with the required moral/ethical high ground need for that justification.

'They' have had the rug pulled under them by vaping because their well developed moral/ethical arguments and the emotional blackmail techniques that have been so successful for them when it comes to smoking, have little or no validity when applied to vaping.

That's why they cling to concepts like the bullshit gateway theory.. it's one of the few approaches that they can employ that seems to provide them with the leverage of a moral/ethical standpoint and the opportunity for emotional blackmail.

The fact that it's a bullshit argument, not backed up with any data is irrelevant to them.. they are fighting for their careers (without smokers to control and demonise, they have no job to do) and so will cling desperately to anything they think will allow them to perpetuate their careers. The recent rumblings regarding fat/sugar control seem to indicate that a fair few people in the tobacco control industry are scared of losing their gravy train and are positioning themselves for a change of focus when the bottom finally falls out of their current lucrative jobs.

In order to have a potentially long and lucrative career path, these leeches need a few factors in place. They need something that is seen to be detrimental to health, they need something that is seen to be on a widespread scale, they need something that is seen to be damaging to 'innocent' third parties (either in a direct fashion, like second hand smoke or in a more roundabout way, such as costing the 'innocents' money in medical treatment costs) and the cherry on the cake is if they can use the 'won't some one think of the children' emotional blackmail lever.

As the need for their existence in tobacco control gradually wanes (their arguments will eventually be proved to be bullshit) and more smokers switch to vaping, these parasites will need something available to jump ship to in order to keep themselves in the business of finger wagging.

Imho, that's why we're seeing a media push for controls on fat/sugar.. just to give these odious feckers a future career path.

Fat, sugar, cherries on cakes....I'm hungry now. Just finish my nicotine vape with my cup of caffeine first...

Personally i don't demonize any individual for partaking in whatever activity they like, we have the choice weather or not to put any given substance in our bodies. I freely admit that having given up smoking, which i disliked doing, that i now enjoy my nicotine intake in this new form.

It's that choice where the crux lies. The only genuine way that any individual can make a credibly valid decision is to be fully informed on what exactly it is they are consuming !

There was a thread recently where a guy was using the nicorette inhaler & preaching to a vaper about how much less worse it was for him. All based upon what his GP had told him. Then someone pointed out the fact there are 14 ingredients in the inhaler, 3 of which are in e liquid & that the fourth one in e liquid was better for you than the one in the inhaler. That leaves 10 extra ingredients in the inhaler which we know to be completely unnecessary. The guy was not informed ! He did not have enough information to make an informed choice. If it were in America, he would sue the gp. A good point by the way because since the NHS are not yet involved with the distribution of vaping products they don't have any legal business giving advise on it either. Do doctors suddenly gain automatic knowledge overnight then ? What qualifies them the tell you one way or another anything about this product which has "Not been researched enough" ? < not my words there.

Where sugar is concerned, same thing ! If i eat a pack of jelly babies, 30 minutes later i'm unconscious ! It knocks me clean out. I never used to have this issue & i can go into any general shop anywhere in Britain & buy that shit by the carrier bag load (Although the bag is 5p so i take my own ! :P ) All perfectly legal, all socially acceptable, we even give it as gifts to our best friends !

My main point in that really is that the food industry is one of most corrupt in the world ! Period, hands down, greedy lying corrupt moneygrabbers ! It's not just the tobacco crew or the pharma crew.
Many people just don't want to hear that said, it's too much for them to think that they have been misinformed & duped for almost a lifetime.
It's better to be honest with yourself though. Lets just imagine for a moment that refined sugar was removed from circulation tomorrow ! You would never be able to list the vast amounts of products where it is nomally found but where it has no business being in the first place ! BREAD, do me a fucking favour ! I don't want or need sugar in my bread, & that's just one single example among a sea of it.

Sugar, nicotine, caffeine, morphine, polyunshaturates ! These thing all have their place but just not in everything. Actually on the subject of polyunsaturates & those manufactured margarine's you can buy, they are another example of a complete lie. They are not good for humans, not at all, they are over processed & the human body does not recognize them, as a result it can't process them & so your body is left searching for the relevant nutrition still.

There are so many wrongs in the entire consumer market place ,in almost every area. We have a product in vaping where we are aware of the contents & choose to use it in our individual moderation but the powers that be would rather seize it, tell us all some other bullshit story, control it & add value to it for their own profit. They can't have ordinary people going around & gaining knowledge & knowing more about something than they do ! Where's the money in that ?

Shit, i could go on & on but i'll stop there.

I was coerced into shouting at the radio newsreader(again)the other day,as he managed to read out(without laughing)that the Social Services are discussing "placing children in to care,for being OBESE!" FFS,as if this bloody country didn't have enough nanny-state attitudes already.

Back
Top Bottom