What's new

Why is there a war on ecigs?

Mark

Legend
This video appeared in my FB feed yesterday. It's from last November but I hadn't seen it. I'd been away from the forum for a while and was a bit shocked to see 'Planet of the Vapes' in the title. I wondered whether @junglist had done a video... ;)

It's actually a good watch and pretty positive stuff. Even the guy on the right..Duncan Stephenson.., who doesn't.....quite...get it. He says there is nothing fun or pleasurable about using nicotine

Last edited:
Yes, good watch this one! Remember watching last year. Yup, nic not pleasurable, we all do it because we hate it...

No plans for me to do any vids you will be pleased to hear :D Hard enough to look in the mirror let alone video myself!

We all do it because we 'as humans' like to tag ourselves as some form of addict.

Hence why addiction is so addictive.

If you have ever suffered real withdrawal from a substance you might realise nic is so far down on the scale'however it is the one most accepted by society. It don't come with the same stigma,so what better drug to confess a weakness for?

Caffeine maybe.

Last edited:
We all do it because we 'as humans' like to tag ourselves as some form of addict.

Hence why addiction is so addictive.

If you have ever suffered real withdrawal from a substance you might realise nic is so far down on the scale'however it is the one most accepted by society. It don't come with the same stigma,so what better drug to confess a weakness for?

Caffeine maybe.
I posted this video years ago. Interesting distinction between 'addiction' and 'dependancy'

I posted this video years ago. Interesting distinction between 'addiction' and 'dependancy'

The man talks a lot of sence IMO despite his garb,but I guess we all have our failings/opinions.

Good post all the same :2thumbsup:

Don't know about you guys but I still get slightly annoyed that everything vape related gets branded as an ecig. I DONT USE AN ECIG, it's a mod and a tank ffs :D

Good thread :)

I work for a company as a truck driver, the company put out a memo saying that 'smoking' ecigarettes in the cab was not acceptable, I said, 'that's fine,it's a good job I don't 'smoke' an e cigarette, I vape an APV (advanced personal vaporizer),I held up my rx200 with rafale on top and said' does this look like an e cig to you ?',I explained the difference between the pen type with usuallyhigher nicotine mg amounts and my rx/rafale, since then I have had no problem,

I work for a company as a truck driver, the company put out a memo saying that 'smoking' ecigarettes in the cab was not acceptable, I said, 'that's fine,it's a good job I don't 'smoke' an e cigarette, I vape an APV (advanced personal vaporizer),I held up my rx200 with rafale on top and said' does this look like an e cig to you ?',I explained the difference between the pen type with usuallyhigher nicotine mg amounts and my rx/rafale, since then I have had no problem,

Oxymoron central

None of that makes any logical sense at all but it seems to have worked for you so good on you ;)

Levels of ignorance never fails to astound me. So your ban appears to apply to lookalikes or ego style set ups?. Nicotine levels are neither here nor there as you can use a 'mod' and 'tank' with high nic level eliquid (as I do)

I don't equate 'ecig' with lookalikes or pen type Vapes. It's just a shortening of 'electronic cigarette' a term with which we are stuck it seems to me and applies to everything we use. It's used widely by the Vaping sector, advocates and industry. You don't have to use the term though.There are others. I just call mine my 'vape' or maybe the mod name.

Debate has gone on for as long as I've been Vaping that we should rename our devices and distance ourselves from cigarettes and tobacco. Ain't happened yet....

Back
Top Bottom