What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

WHO secret tax

Good to see you round these 'ere parts @LilyRed. I've missed you! :)
Edit: although I think you've been posting up and I've just missed em :D

Aww, I missed you too! :hugs: Been poorly and in the throes of a drawn-out house move to Scotland, the new house currently has limited internet access -grrrrrrrrr!

WHO are scared someone might have reported that they were actually basing their discussions on proven junk science, their solution flies in the face of the UN stating they WANT transparency so invite the world's media to attend and report everything. ...my brain just had a seizure whilst I sought the correct word, begins with an H and ends in a Y

Hypocrisy! Love this tablets predictive text feature:P

Had a long chat with a mate earlier about vaping, how opponents like WHO aren't remotely interested in health, it's just them spouting off to protect THEIR jobs, else they're going to struggle to pay their mortgages :D

Found this one too

Taxpayers Protection Alliance - Blog

Last edited:
Considering the WHO are also on a crusade to classify eliquid as a tobacco product, this kind of paves the way for heavy taxation of it.

Of course the UK government will sympathise but say their hands are tied by the WHO and they can't avoid levying said tax.

The only exceptions to the tobacco tax would be MHRA licensed products that would be in a separate medicinal classification.

Probably just pure coincidence then that big pharma has been caught red handed fairly recently whilst trying to covertly fund elements of the WHO.

They're on a crusade to a beating IMHO. Tobacco is a plant, how can liquid be a plant?

They're on a crusade to a beating IMHO. Tobacco is a plant, how can liquid be a plant?

Their stance is that because the nicotine in eliquid is mainly derived from tobacco plants, it should be classed as tobacco. They conveniently ignore the fact that there is no combustion involved when using eliquid because this doesn't serve their purposes.

From what I can deduce, their purpose is to try and protect the profits of their big pharma paymasters and solicit compliance from national governments by imposing a tax that those governments can sidestep the blame for, saying that they have no option but to impose the tax because it's proposed by the WHO. This keeps 2 of the biggest vested interests happy (big pharma and governments) whilst allowing the opportunity for corruption in the guise of public health concern.

This is just another example of how large corporations basically buy legislation that suits them, regardless of financial costs/detrimental effects on the general public.

The general public is so apathetic and manipulated by fear and control that they will blindly accept this... if they even take any notice at all.

Makes me feckin sick.

Hopefully the WHO carry on blocking the press out because the press are nosy buggers and won't like that at all. The more they are blocked, the more they will dig and the more corruption will be uncovered :)

Their stance is that because the nicotine in eliquid is mainly derived from tobacco plants, it should be classed as tobacco. They conveniently ignore the fact that there is no combustion involved when using eliquid because this doesn't serve their purposes.

Possibly to be described as "Tobacco and Named Tobacco By-products" - viz Nicotine?

I find the secrecy of this current WHO Tobacco control convention quite disgusting - and seriously alarming.

Back
Top Bottom