What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

What is it about vaping that keeps being brought up in the media & government?

Trotters

Postman
I have my mod, wire, cotton & liquid...whats so bad about that???

I know this has been discussed before but I'm just ranting lol.

I even make my own liquid..the flavours are food grade. I could try zero nicotine if I had to, is that still gonna get discussed because "I'm still vaping"???.

It seems though for every negative story, theres also positive ones too, even from NHS & Cancer Research for example, so what exactly is the problem?. Is it the Nicotine???.

Yep, money. Plain and simple.
3 million vapers and 9 million smokers.
Do the maths in lost taxes and profits.
Addiction is a great revenue stream....... [emoji23]

Also the Antis have gone as far as they can with smoking for now so they need something else to fill their considerable free time *bored killjoys

The media is there to further their own interests. A reporter wants to climb the greasy pole, the more sensational their story the bigger their name becomes. Truth is optional.

Consider bird flu, and the scare tactics used, it amounted to little in this country.

We read stories, we comment, we rant. Up goes the reporter on the greasy pole.

We ignore it, don't read it, talk of other things, down slides the reporter.

Simplistic argument I know, but surely a grain of truth.

Yeah, you're supposed to smoke or quit smoking using patches, gum, sprays, lozenges or Champix. DIY vaping is even worse, the EU / UK Government cant really put excise duty on lengths of wire, muji and food flavourings.

Yeah, you're supposed to smoke or quit smoking using patches, gum, sprays, lozenges or Champix. DIY vaping is even worse, the EU / UK Government cant really put excise duty on lengths of wire, muji and food flavourings.

Maybe not .... but nicotine , now theres a nice little gold mine, they could even apply it to the gum, patches ect ???

Maybe not .... but nicotine , now theres a nice little gold mine, they could even apply it to the gum, patches ect ???

They (the Government) wont add to pharma stuff, they have already seen off nicotine 72mg fairly well. Next comes the tax on anything vape related, like tanks, mods, coils, juices. Make vaping as unattractive and expensive as possible, that is certainly the aim of the EU.

My mrs hairdresser came the other day ranting how bad vaping was as the USA doesn't back vaping like the UK government seems to be doing.. She is a smoker and not just tobacco... I told her that E cigs are now on the stoptober advert which is a positive IMO. She replied " Well you can't get them on the NHS like other NRT" I told her that the NHS is cash strapped and i don't think that they should be available on the NHS...

because they are aseholes and have nothing else to talk about.........................

Back
Top Bottom