What's new

W.H.O. prove they are a bunch of idiots

"Critics of e-cigarettes are concerned that they may be a “stalking horse” for Big Tobacco, which the Framework Convention has made a pariah."

“While e-cigarettes offer a significant opportunity to public health, there are also risks. One is the way the tobacco industry uses harm reduction to secure reputational and access possibilities and to split the public health camp,” said Anna Gilmore, professor of public health at the University of Bath and the UK Centre for Tobacco Control Studies.

“The tobacco industry uses e-cigarettes to claim it is committed to harm reduction, but meanwhile it continues to engage in harm maximisation by spending millions to promote tobacco and oppose any policy that would reduce its use.”

..sounds like we have the tobacco industry to thank.

Ive just sent them a very strongly worded email. That is absolutely ridiculous.

"Critics of e-cigarettes are concerned that they may be a “stalking horse” for Big Tobacco, which the Framework Convention has made a pariah."

“While e-cigarettes offer a significant opportunity to public health, there are also risks. One is the way the tobacco industry uses harm reduction to secure reputational and access possibilities and to split the public health camp,” said Anna Gilmore, professor of public health at the University of Bath and the UK Centre for Tobacco Control Studies.

“The tobacco industry uses e-cigarettes to claim it is committed to harm reduction, but meanwhile it continues to engage in harm maximisation by spending millions to promote tobacco and oppose any policy that would reduce its use.”

..sounds like we have the tobacco industry to thank.
Oddly, none of which was a problem before vaping exploded and the government got their claws into it.

/Rant on

If the WHO actually believes its' own press releases, then it's guilty of the most paranoid Machiavellian double thinking I've ever seen.

So what if Big Tobacco moves into the vape space ..... in the past it's been a naked savage style of vendor, gravitating toward the most profitable areas. If that becomes vaping they will extract nicotine from their plants, and move wholesale into vaping.

After 5 years of over 5 million people vaping, and ten years of at least 1 million people vaping we are yet to see any deaths or major side effects. If I was retailing aspirin, paracetamol, or ibuprofen and had that lack of global impact I would be singing from the hills. To ignore the groundswell of information and state "We don't know what it will do yet", is the equivalent of analysing the available information by ramming your head into a bucket of shit and gargling.

I spy the big dead hand of the pharma industries .... big tobacco just wants the gravy train to slow down so they can jump on (they don't care how we kill ourselves as they have repeatedly shown in the past). But the pharma boys ..... they keep you on the edge of death forever, as cures to diseases don't return as much money as palliatives and thus "aren't cost effective". Governments gave them the run around on nicotine replacement (they've been making nebulisers for years and could have done a nicotine one in a snap), and now THEY WANT THEIR MONEY BACK.

Somebody tell me when we start having fun with this ... I just see a bunch of institutions desperately trying to maintain tobacco smoking so they maintain their existence by having something to fight against :18:

/Rant off

IMG_1519.JPG

Back
Top Bottom