What's new

Vaporiser maker to be first medical cannabis firm listed in London

oldhippydude

Veteran
https://www.theguardian.com/busines...-first-medical-cannabis-firm-listed-in-london

An Israeli-founded firm that makes vaporisers is on course to become the first medical cannabis company to float on the London Stock Exchange next month, after regulators gave the green light.

“The distributors that have the clinics know how to collect together a sufficient amount of prescription for three or six months ahead, so they can import in bulk and dispense from there,” he said.

While medical cannabis companies can list in the UK, those that sell recreational weed remain barred, even if they operate in countries where it is legal.

That's amazing actually! We are taking steps towards how it should be. Small steps for the moment, but as long as we are moving forward, they are still important.

This is good news! Especially for patients who need an alternative pain relief to opiates. I was told recently that there is a huge glass greenhouse full of marijuana plants on the roof of one of the universities in my city.

Apparently us Brits are "the world’s largest producer of legal cannabis" which surprised me. i would've thought it would be the USA.

https://inews.co.uk/news/long-reads...bis-farm-explained-medicinal-marijuana-769414

I've just got a vape pen with CBD oil because I've got a fractured knee and had an operation to pin it together 4 weeks ago and I am often in a lot of pain. Paracetamol and ibuprofen help a bit but not enough. I was given a bottle of morphine to take home with me but morphine upsets my stomach ( had 2 liquid doses in the hospital) so I am not going to take any of that!

I don't know if it is a placebo effect but after a few tokes my knee felt a lot better.

I could feel something going on before the effect on my knee- a sort of tingling in my hands and a bit "buzzy". I also feel more awake, alert.

It's quite concentrated so the vape shop guy told me to take a puff here and there when I am in pain, and the effects should last a while.

Back
Top Bottom