POTV - Your vaping community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Why not sign up today!

Register

Vaping to go back into parliament.

Discussion in 'In The News' started by SirLugg, Jul 29, 2017.

1. yappycat

yappycat Achiever

You and me both :) I never could understand why vaping got lumped in with tobacco products tbh, doesn't entirely make sense to me. Thanks again for posting the link x

• Like Like x 1
  2. Burridge

Burridge Initiate

The problem is, the government makes a hell of a lot more money from the taxation of tobacco products (£12.3 billion in 2013, unsure of more up to date stats) than they have to spend on the NHS for smoking related illnesses, I can see them trying to tax vape stuff as much as they can to compensate for the lack in tobacco sales as time goes on from what I've seen anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Sp3ckyh0td0g81

Sp3ckyh0td0g81 Achiever

That's a good point to be fair

I was making the mistake of thinking the governments main aim would be to help a nation of people killing themselves from smoking

It was a naive moment

4. tootingyoda

tootingyoda Achiever

I'm sure the scumbags in power will have realised the immediate impact on tax revenues if more people quit smoking sooner rather than later. Any real savings the NHS etc. might make won't really materialise for at least a generation, as any smoking related damage might have already been done. This should make pharma happy as they still get to peddle their wares for now, unless they really do find a cure for all those nasties killing us. Then again, if we live longer we potentially become a burden, what with extra pensions and medical needs.

It must be a real dilemma for the poor fekers in power, I really feel for them (not).

5. andy__d

andy__d Initiate

a few things
    politics + common sense , nope never going to happen in the real world

HMG now get £££ from e-cigs thanks to the eu's tpd/tprd in the form of "fees" for submissions on e-liquid + hardware ,,, hmg Giving up income??? since when,,
    HMG are loosing £££ for every smoker who swaps in the form of taxation

next most probable thing Will not be amendments / scrapping of the tpd in relation to e-cigs BUT some form of taxing the arse out of it.. Especially as thanks to the Reporting mandate they now have they Will know Exactly how much of which is being bought.

it takes £ to remove laws from the statues, and when the removal of such a law or amendment to would reduce the income of HMG,,,, aint happening

Big P has far more say in the matter than common sense ever did or will, IF "health" was in anyway shape or form the "reason" behind the tpd, then it would never have included e-cigs ,,,££££ is behind it , in taxes and bribes ,, ££££ rules,,